effect (Optical Flares) shows up in video when rendered with Render queue, but not when using AME

Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Installed the AE 2020 update today. I had to manually move the Optical Flares plugin (Videocopilot) to the new folder (used copy paste). AME presets were gone (reimported them). After rendering the video the OF effects I used weren't visible. The workaround: rendering in AE through the Render queue. 
Is this a known issue, or am I the one making a mistake?

Thanks! - Remon

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing of the sort. Optical Flares never worked correctly in "headless" rendering due to it being highly dependent on a specifics graphics acceleration with OpenGL. Thus it only works with a normal AE render and not AME or for that matter even just an AE command line render. It's simply a limitation of how it's designed.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer, Mylenium. I'm not really a tech-guy, but can you explain why I seem to get good Optical Flares renders when using AME2019? Did something change between these two versions of the software? For some reason it did work for me before. Does Mac / PC have anything to do with it? I use both. 

I appreciate the help! - Remon

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Mylenium said, the Render Cue is capable of using all GPU accelerated effects, the AME or Command-Line rendering uses AE in the background and there is little or no GPU support available there. One option is to use Render Garden which uses a combination of the Render Cue and multiple cores to render. I have not found a single effect that has problems using Render Garden. It is just one of many rendering solutions that greatly speeds up AE. It's my favorite: RenderGarden | Mekajiki

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That sounds great! I will definitely check that out, thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines