• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

En Encoder, ¿cómo puedo elegir el idioma de un dvd -vob- al convertir a mp4?

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hola.

En Adobe Encoder, al pasar una película de DVD con varios idiomas a mp4, uniendo los vob de la carpeta video_ts, no sé cómo elegir el idioma español, y acaba saliendo una mezcla de idiomas o solo en inglés.

Por ejemplo, una primera parte en inglés y el resto en español.

El mp4 en sí está bien formado y de una calidad aceptable, pero no resulta útil por lo dicho.

He probado todo lo que se me ha ocurrido, pero en las opciones de audio solo es posible elegir entre: mono, estéreo y 5.1.

En fin, si alguien conoce alguna solución y la comparte le estaré agradecido.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Hi,

Your English in fine and I understand now. The Adobe products are not really meant to reverse-engineer a DVD to another format, although you can import .vob files into Premiere for editing. Unfortunately, that does not really give you control of selecting particular audio tracks for example.

I just did a web search for "dvd rip software" and found many options, most of which are free. You do have to be careful when downloading and installing such software to avoid getting a virus or spyware. O

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello - I translated your question but your need is not clear to me. Did you rip a DVD and are trying to make changes to contents, or creating new DVD? An .mp4 file is never used for DVD, must be MPEG-2 DVD.

Thank you

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, and thanks for your interest...

I try to convert an existent DVD (format "vob" in "video_ts" folder)  to other format, in this case "mp4" mpeg-4: for iPad or similar, p. ej.

The result is correct, the video mp4 is perfect and looks well, but, before, I can't choose between english language and spanish language (both languages are included in the DVD) and the video is in english in any case or mixed spanish - english in other; but the mp4 is not in spanish only...

I know my English is not as good...!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Your English in fine and I understand now. The Adobe products are not really meant to reverse-engineer a DVD to another format, although you can import .vob files into Premiere for editing. Unfortunately, that does not really give you control of selecting particular audio tracks for example.

I just did a web search for "dvd rip software" and found many options, most of which are free. You do have to be careful when downloading and installing such software to avoid getting a virus or spyware. Often during installation, there might be a box that is checked which will add a "browser or search helper" for instance - UNcheck the box in that case!

One promising solution looks to be VLC Media Player. This is a software I use myself and did not know that it had ripping capabilities. It is a free download and does not include any spyware, this one is legitimate.

VideoLAN - Official page for VLC media player, the Open Source video framework!

Here is the link to the ripping instructions, which say you can choose which audio to use - How to rip DVDs for free with VLC

I hope this helps you

Thanks

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, Jeff.

Have you solved the doubts I had...

Greetings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines