Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're trying to encode video files into an H.264 Format

1920x1080 Square Pixels 23.973 fps, progressive

The bitrate encoding is VBR, 1 pass

Target bitrate is 2

Max bitrate is 3

ACC, 320 kbps, 48 kHz, Stereo

Whenever we export or convert footage to this format, we receive the following error:

Export Error

Error compiling movie.

Disk Full.

Error completing render.

Writing with exporter: H.264

Writing file type: H264

Component: H.264 of type Exporter

Selector: 9

Error code: 4

The drive we're exporting to is on an SMB Network and has about 3.2TB of free space. We did some experimenting with exporting, and noticed that it usually fails whenever we go to the location of the video export (the SMB Network Drive); but when we export to other locations (The desktop or another server) it exports without any problems.

We could just stay out of the media drive while videos are encoding, but we're transferring/encoding multiple video files to this drive throughout the day.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mordecaiu89935297,

Which OS are you on? Do you have admin rights on this machine?

I strongly believe that it has something to do with the permissions to that location (SMB Network Drive).

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 19, 2017 Mar 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have experienced the same or similar problem. It is not a permissions error as some files will successfully encode (even in the same session) - we are using a watch folder and I've now seen this same error three times on a drive with over 5TBs of space. These encodes can be over 2 hours long and the one failed over the weekend was about 3 hours program length. I have check things like quotas etc to make sure that is not the issue. To put this in perspective Avid exported the full 3 hour DNxHD quicktime to the same drive - a much larger file, with no issue.

I suspect an SMB error and I note the ? in the path name - its a mapped network drive and that path name should be the name of the server - I have blanked out the output name:

- Encoding Time: 01:03:11

03/17/2017 10:49:10 PM : Encoding Failed

------------------------------------------------------------

Export Error

Error compiling movie.

Disk Full.

Importer returned bad result.

Writing with exporter: H.264

Writing to file: \\?\Q:\Cosy project\watch folder\Output\XXXXXXX_YouTube 1080p HD.mp4

Writing file type: H264

Around timecode: 01:21:08:19

Reading with importer: ImporterQuickTime

Reading from file: Q:\Cosy project\watch folder\Beginner Guide to Quilting Master.mov

Reading file type: MooV

Component: ImporterQuickTime of type Importer

Selector: 25

Error code: 22

And here is a successful encode in the same session

- Source File: Q:\Cosy project\watch folder\000000 Master.MOV

- Output File: Q:\Cosy project\watch folder\Output\000000 Master_YouTube 1080p HD.mp4

- Preset Used: YouTube 1080p HD

- Video: 1920x1080 (1.0), 25 fps, Progressive, 00:40:34:18

- Audio: AAC, 320 kbps, 48 kHz, Stereo

- Bitrate: VBR, 1 pass, Target 16.00 Mbps, Max 16.00 Mbps

- Encoding Time: 00:24:21

03/17/2017 11:13:32 PM : File Successfully Encode

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 23, 2017 Mar 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John Mondo,

Have you tried encoding to a local drive? If not, please try it and let us know how it goes.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin - thanks for the tip. Unfortunately that workflow won't work for me on this job - I really need AME to work correctly with SMB shares. As I said - it's random not consistent so obviously a hard one to track down. The shared drive is a 10GBe QNAP NAS which is primary work area - everything from there is backed up to another NAS.  It also doesn't establish of that is the issue as a second pass at the show and it rendered out correctly.

There is simply too much data for any of the local drives on the PC and none of them are protected. We are talking 50 x 1 hour plus episodes that have to be re-branded and re-exported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What on earth triggered moderation for the above reply?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 24, 2017 Mar 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

What on earth triggered moderation for the above reply?

Usually, that happens from time to time in overseas communications. Are you in the U.S.?

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 24, 2017 Mar 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

I really need AME to work correctly with SMB shares.

Sure, I understand, however, I wanted to see if there's something wrong with the computer, media, or storage. This test is helpful in tracking down where the source of the issue is.

it's random not consistent so obviously a hard one to track down. The shared drive is a 10GBe QNAP NAS which is primary work area - everything from there is backed up to another NAS.  It also doesn't establish of that is the issue as a second pass at the show and it rendered out correctly.

There is simply too much data for any of the local drives on the PC and none of them are protected. We are talking 50 x 1 hour plus episodes that have to be re-branded and re-exported.

The times I see unexpected behavior is when the media cache also lies on the remote drives instead of locally. I understand that sometimes anomalies can occur if all the hardware equipment has issues if the system clock times are misaligned.

Premiere Pro and Adobe Media Encoder were not designed to work in a networked environment, so some unexpected behavior might crop up in certain situations when you are set up that way. Sorry about that. That said, I will continue to do my best to try and make this work for you to the best of my ability. Continue to post your issues here and I'll do my best to resolve them.

Thanks,Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having similar problems, including Adobe Premiere Pro losing contact with the network servers in the middle of projects.

Adobe tech support says this the function between Premiere Pro and Media Encoder and networks is a known issue, and they are "trying" to fix it.

I work for a local government, we have a cable television station, and the TV folks experience the same problem.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI MoredecaiU,

Did you try encoding to a local drive yet? Please try that and report back.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the exact same problem. I am trying to edit on a 2017 5K iMac and export on a 2020 Dell G3. I've set up my storage, external USB 3.0 HDDs, connected to the iMac and shared in my local network. All computers are connected by ethernet cables. Media Encoder is running on the Dell and watching a folder where I save projects to be exported. It takes a minute, but eventually ME sees the project I saved and starts trying to export it - but after literally 2 seconds it fails and the encoding error log says disk full when it has over 1.5TB free space.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines