• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Encoder false starts - never does any actual coding.

Contributor ,
May 06, 2018 May 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lately, I have been getting a lot of false starts from Encoder.  I click on the start button, and the icons switch to running mode, but no export work starts.  My CPU is snoozing.  My GPU is asleep.  And Encoder shows nothing in the progress bar or monitor.  I have to manually close the process, reset the job, delete it, re-export it from PrP, and sometimes this works.  Often, I have to close out of everything, and restart, for Encoder to work.  Thoughts?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's an example.  Says "encoding" but it isn't.  Nothing shows in the preview window, progress bar stays at zero for as long as you wait (hours), and CPU & GPU monitors show no activity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had that happen once.  Restarting the computer fixed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines