• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Encoder STILL does not import .MOV files

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro doesnt accept .mov and they can't be converted because Endocer does not read. the amount of money people pay this software should accept VHS. if anyone knows a work around other than downloading a non-adobe product to convert, please let me know. i refuse—adobe needs to take responsibility for this. y'all should be embarassed, adobe. some political BS w apple?

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not Adobe's doing, it's Apple's. Premiere, Media Encoder, and After Effects still accept .mov, what they don't read anymore are QuickTime files encoded with legacy 32-bit codecs, which Apple deprecated. Adobe even held on to these longer than they should have.

There is a ton of information on this forum which many posts that ask and answer the same question, but here's a page from when this change was made back with CC 2018: https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/quicktime7-support-dropped.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/quicktime7-support-dropped.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry for the frustration. I somehow agree with @davidarbor, however, it is important to know the source of the .mov files. Could you share more details?

• What is the source(camera) of the media files?
  • Do you get any error when you try to import the files in Adobe Premiere Pro or Adobe Media Encoder?
  • Could you share a sample with us so that we can test the issue at our end? You can upload the file to google drive and share a download link with us.

We're here to help.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem with MOV screen recordings (Macbook 2017). When I capture screen video using built in Mac Quicktime (Command+Shift+5) and save a screen recording, I cannot import into Premiere Pro or Media Encoder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry to hear that. I don't find this an ideal. Could you share more details about it? Does it give you any error when you try to import your media in Premiere Pro or Media Encoder?

We're here to help.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2020 Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the same issue, the error message says:
"Error Message"
"The file /Users/XXXXXXXXXXX.mov could not be imported. Could not open source file. Please check that file exists with correct permissions."

Interesting thing is, some of my screen recording files CAN be imported with no problem.  Majority of my files cannot successfully import though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thi is the same issue/error code i get.  ANy one know how to get around it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shivangi, any ideas how to fix this issue?

"The file /Users/XXXXXXXXXXX.mov could not be imported. Could not open source file. Please check that file exists with correct permissions."

regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2021 Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

it's very possible that AI is likely to wipe out adobe unless adobe is on top of it. quite exciting and frightening AI's growth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines