• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Encoding Failed Component: H.264 of type Exporter Selector: 9 Error code: 3

Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have an encoding failer (see log below) which when I repeat/reset status on the same sequence will happen/fail at different times during the same export with no changes to the project/setting etc?:

Basic setup; Windows 10, Premiere 14.5, ME 14.5 Geforce GTX 1070 with latest Oct 2020 studio driver

------------------------------------------------------------
- Encoding Time: 00:03:15
10/31/2020 02:56:00 PM : Encoding Failed
Export Error
Error compiling movie.

Export Error

Error completing render.

Writing with exporter: H.264
Writing to file: \\?\D:\Premier Pro Exports\20201012-wed-gib-wedding-MA.mp4
Writing file type: H264
Around timecode: 00:12:40:14 - 00:12:40:15
Component: H.264 of type Exporter
Selector: 9
Error code: 3

- Encoding Time: 00:03:28
10/31/2020 03:00:29 PM : Encoding Failed
Export Error
Error compiling movie.

Export Error

Error completing render.

Writing with exporter: H.264
Writing to file: \\?\D:\Premier Pro Exports\20201012-wed-gib-wedding-MA.mp4
Writing file type: H264
Around timecode: 00:13:20:16 - 00:13:20:17
Component: H.264 of type Exporter
Selector: 9
Error code: 3

TOPICS
Export or render , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Here is a fix

Change hardware Encoding to Software Encoding.

https://youtu.be/EJ9dClm7XZQ

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 235 Replies 235
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue. Hope it's just a bug they can fix in the next update cause it's really causing me problems as I use this program for my work  Tried everything in this thread with no luck. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting the same issue with a similar error message, tried rendering in ME and PP and get same results.

Im running 14.6 ME and PP

I was running stable studio drivers from nvidia v456 I have now upgraded to latest driver 457 gamers version just in case, this has not resolved the issue. 

I have made several videos over the last month and this is the first time this has happened so I can assume it is to do with latest version 14.6

I am running a gtx 1070 8gb GPU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As per some other suggestion in this thread, I tried saving to a different hard drive than the video files being processed (stil GPU accelerated) and I was able to generate my file.

This was a 4k file at 18:9 ratio (3840x1920)

Never had to do this before, I believe this is an issue with 14.6 release, data flow issue or not, this needs to be addressed asap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today 14.7 Releases for PP and ME had been installed.

Same Errors. 1st Error with 14.6, 2nd Error with 14.7. No changes on project files have been done between the tests

- Codierungsdauer:00:15:53
12/02/2020 02:33:45 PM : Codierung fehlgeschlagen
Fehler beim Export
Fehler beim Kompilieren des Films.

Fehler beim Export

Fehler beim Abschließen des Renderns.

Schreiben mit Exporter: H.264
Schreiben in Datei: \\?\C:\Users\claud\Desktop\REMOVE_ME\4K 16-9 3840-2160 60fps GoPro Hero 7.mp4
Dateityp wird geschrieben: H264
Um Timecode: 00:13:26:22 - 00:13:26:23
Komponente: H.264 vom Typ Exporter
Selektor: 9
Fehlercode: 3

- Codierungsdauer:00:00:29
12/08/2020 09:41:31 PM : Codierung fehlgeschlagen
Fehler beim Export
Fehler beim Kompilieren des Films.

Fehler beim Export

Fehler beim Abschließen des Renderns.

Schreiben mit Exporter: H.264
Schreiben in Datei: \\?\E:\Klaus_Stuff\__VIDEOS__\4K 16-9 3840-2160 60fps GoPro Hero 7.mp4
Dateityp wird geschrieben: H264
Um Timecode: 00:00:04:57 - 00:00:04:58
Komponente: H.264 vom Typ Exporter
Selektor: 9
Fehlercode: 3

So reverting back to 14.4 and it works fine for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a follow up, I have upgraded to Premiere Pro 14.7 and Media Encoder 14.7

there is a new nvidia driver out, but im currently still on 457.51

I have been able to successfully export 2 videos, without any mucking around. exported on same HDD, at 4k 18:9 ratio 30mbit,  hardware accelerated with my gtx 1070 8gb via media encoder. I usually leave PP open when media encoder is doing its job.

I'm back to normal, only change I made since my original post is updating from 14.6 which caused the problem for me, to 14.7.

I hope this helps. Also, sounds silly, but try doing a complete restart after you have installed 14.7 just to be sure.

Good luck. (and fingers crossed no more issues my side now I have posted this)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. I initially thought it was caused by me closing Premiere too fast after queing up the render in Media Encoder. Seems like Media Encoder wans to finish rendering the audio previews, before I can actually close Premiere. But now I am not entirley sure that was the problem, has anyone else tried leaving Premiere running till the audio part has finished rendering? I am going to do some more testing, just thought I would drop the question...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After doing some further testing; seems like starting the Media Encoder after I had closed Premiere was not causing the problem, must just have been coincidences. Would have been a bit weird if this approach was causing the problem, but nothing surprises me any more when it comes to bugs in Premiere Pro!

In fact the problem seems to be gone for me, for now at least (No updates have been applied). Was not able to reproduce the error after several attempts. But I am sure the problem will return...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just chiming in to add another data point. I'm having this error periodically with my 4K videos. Never seems to be a problem with 1080p exports. Happens with Media Encoder and Premiere Pro. Ryzen 5 3600, GTX 1070, 16gb RAM. Thought it might be lack of RAM, but I'm questioning that now, especially seeing people on here with much more RAM sharing the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm seeing it intermittently with 1080p, and I have 64GB of RAM.

James

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone, another quick update on this.. It seems to me that dropping the bitrate down from 35 to 30 seems to do the trick in allowing the encoder to work..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,
Always inspect the area "Around Timecode" in your timeline. Sometimes a corrupt render file can trip up an export. Make sure that there are no punctuation marks in the output title name, and that there is ample room on your destination drive.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for answering.
I can't agree with your assumption.
A) I my case it happens on various timecodes when exporting the same project.
B) It happens on different systems.
C) It works when using AME 14.4 14.6 14.7 are failing. I did not try the 14.5.

D) It works when using Software encoding, GPU Support failes.
E) On small projects 3 minutes 4K H264 might export successful ind most casees. large projects are failing in 99%.

F) There is plenty of space free on my drives, and the drives are really fast as my system is too.

Thanks

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated everything today, and was able to encode my weekly YouTube video without any errors.  This was the first time in a while I haven't had to restart.  I'm running:

Premiere v 14.7

Adobe Media Encoder v 14.7

NVIDIA Studio Driver 460.89 (RTX 3080)

I left the default media cache locations, and I did leave Premiere running during the encode.  This is only one data point, and my next encode might fail, so others will have to confirm if they're seeing the same results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Versions same NVIDIA Driver.

Export still failes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just had the same issue. The fix I found was exporting on an external hard drive.

I think the problem is caused by not having enough space in the output folder you're trying to export into.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 19, 2020 Dec 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course if there is an error for Premiere I will get it. I am getting the same issue. I was up to date with everything 100% and it kicked out the same error everyone was getting. If the errors I am getting have anything to do with what is being said in this thread, so far, no one has the answer? The drive I am saving to has 338GB free (the file is roughly 2.5GB), it is a Samsung Pro SSD & it has all the components for the video there too. Everything for Adobe is 100% up to date.

My last ditch effort is to update my NVIDIA and reboot.

Now have spent 1 hour and 25 minutes on somethign that usually takes 18-20. Why is it that Adobe does so well, then all of a sudden they just shate the bed.

Lets see how this works with the new driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 19, 2020 Dec 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is how I got it to work. Yes, for a program we are paying 20+ dollars a month for, we are finding work arounds for their incompetence.

I have a i7-6770K, 1070 GC, 32GB RAM, Win 10 Pro.

I could go into the hour and a half explanation to what I tried. But I will just give you what worked:

- Make sure the graphics card you have is 100% up to date.

- Make sure Premiere is up to date.

- Downgrade your Media Encoder to 14.5 (Tried 14.6 and got that same error).

I rebooted the computer, Adobe Premire crasahed completely when I tried again. Reloaded the program, opened the project. Exported it the way I always do...

Took an extra 20 minutes, but it worked.

Will it work for you, have no idea. But for this episode of "Why are we paying so much for a glitchy ass product" we have a winner winner, chicken dinner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello same error here. PP 14.7 (build 23)

Media encoder 14.7

No way to encode with hardware acceleration. Always the same erro code 3.

Is there a way to report a bugs ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try dropping the Media code to Version 14.5 - also make sure your graphics card is upto date.

Worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having this same exact problem since before this thread was made. I've tried everything. It only happens when I render in 4k.

Downscaling is not a solution. Using software encoding is not a solution. Disabling effects is not a solution. This is ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just built a new system with updated Nvidia Drivers on my rtx 2070 and fresh install of Premiere and windows and very first export crashed with Selector 9 error 3.. I cant believe Adobe has not addressed this yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been experiencing a lot of these errors as well for some time, but they seem to have been ramping up since the last two to three months. 

It happens while encoding in Premiere, as well as Media Encoder. I've noticed no difference when trying other settings: it occurs on ~30Hz just as much as 60Hz, and downscaling 4K to 1080p doesn't seem to do anything in its favor either.

The only surefire way to get around it, is opting back to software encoding — but that just seems ridiculous. If you pay top dollar for a proper GPU and professional software, this should not be an issue to begin with.

Is there any way to get the last ~2 months of Creative Cloud refunded/discounted, or anything? If the product doesn't fully deliver (while it did previously), why should we continue to pay the full price?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing here. I've tried everything.

Adobe support told me to only use the software render. But a 5min video is estimated to take 22 hours to render.

Ridiculous!

Get it together Adobe. We should not have to struggle with such a simple task as exporting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2020 Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting the same error.. fails over and over at different parts of the timeline. C'mon adobe, get your house in order. We pay good money for a reliable program and software encoding is NOT a solution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have very little to add other than a confirmation of what everyone else is saying. 4k, Appx 45mbps, hardware encoding, random drops. Infuriating. A 4 minute render on great hardware brough to its knees by this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines