• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Encoding Failed Component: H.264 of type Exporter Selector: 9 Error code: 3

Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have an encoding failer (see log below) which when I repeat/reset status on the same sequence will happen/fail at different times during the same export with no changes to the project/setting etc?:

Basic setup; Windows 10, Premiere 14.5, ME 14.5 Geforce GTX 1070 with latest Oct 2020 studio driver

------------------------------------------------------------
- Encoding Time: 00:03:15
10/31/2020 02:56:00 PM : Encoding Failed
Export Error
Error compiling movie.

Export Error

Error completing render.

Writing with exporter: H.264
Writing to file: \\?\D:\Premier Pro Exports\20201012-wed-gib-wedding-MA.mp4
Writing file type: H264
Around timecode: 00:12:40:14 - 00:12:40:15
Component: H.264 of type Exporter
Selector: 9
Error code: 3

- Encoding Time: 00:03:28
10/31/2020 03:00:29 PM : Encoding Failed
Export Error
Error compiling movie.

Export Error

Error completing render.

Writing to file: \\?\D:\Premier Pro Exports\20201012-wed-gib-wedding-MA.mp4
Around timecode: 00:13:20:16 - 00:13:20:17
Error code: 3

TOPICS
Export or render , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Here is a fix

Change hardware Encoding to Software Encoding.

https://youtu.be/EJ9dClm7XZQ

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 235 Replies 235
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where do i start !

For the last week this error is driving me slowly but surely toward the open jaws of insanity.

I am trying to render a 38 minute video that includes lumetri color, some 3rd party effects, some linked AE compositions.

I've tried various versions of AE,AP, AME starting from 13.9. with no good result.

I've tried various version of nvidia STUDIO drivers starting with 457.30 with no good result

I've tried various different settings (hardware encoding, no hardware encoding, mercury cuda, mercury software) with no good result

I've tried changing locations-HDD to files (one nvme.2, one SSD, and one mechanical) with no good result

I've tried removing some or changing some effects with...no good result.

The error appears and indicates random points at the video.Sometimes it crashes at one point, then it might render that point and shows a different one.

Sometimes it crashes at 5% of rendering, others at 70% of video etc.

Mostly it render in the timeline using "render in to out" but if i try to export even the same part it might crash.

For instance here is a small portion of error report

-----------------------------------------------------------------

- Encoding Time: 00:59:24
01/28/2021 09:40:15 PM : Encoding Failed
Export Error
Error compiling movie.

Render Error

Render returned error.

Writing to file: \\?\F:\EestiProject2\TestRenders\Black Video_3.mp4
Around timecode: 00;05;33;32 - 00;05;34;14
Rendering at offset: 334,084 seconds
Error code: -1609629695

- Encoding Time: 00:04:52
01/29/2021 09:03:20 AM : Encoding Failed
Export Error
Error compiling movie.

Render Error

Render returned error.

Writing with exporter: QuickTime
Writing to file: F:\EestiProject2\TestRenders\Part2.mov
Around timecode: 00;11;21;50
Rendering at offset: 348,131 seconds
Component: QuickTime of type Exporter

- Encoding Time: 01:58:36
01/29/2021 02:11:58 PM : Encoding Failed
Export Error
Error compiling movie.

Render Error

Render returned error.

Writing to file: \\?\C:\EEsti2\EestiProject2\TestRenders\V1.mp4
Around timecode: 00;07;09;50 - 00;07;09;54
Rendering at offset: 429,796 seconds

I've tried everything i can think of and everything that has been proposed from people having similar issues to no avail.

As a last resort i'm gonna format everything and reinstall everything from scratch just for the heck of it.

I don't relly expect a solution, i just wonted to get it out of my system.

By the way my...hardware system is the following and is just 2 months old.

MB MSI x570 tomahawk

Ryzen 3700X

Nvidia 1650 super

32GB RAM

About 3TB of HDD's

Everything updated to their last drivers

Thanks and good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After much frustration and inconsistency, I did the following things.

* Ran Nvidia DDE Uninstaller and rebooted

* Installed the Game Ready 460.89 driver (from 12/15/2020)

* Downgraded Premiere and Media Encoder to 14.4

* Rebooted

After doing all of this, I can now render my videos with Hardware Encoding with no errors. One thing I noticed in Media Encoder that changed is, where it says Software Encoding/Hardware Encoding in the render details while rendering, in the newer versions of ME, it would say "Nvidia codec". Now it does not.

The driver after the 460.89 included some security patches that I suspect broke something in Premiere/ME and Adobe has not successfully adapted to those patches. These are products for PROFESSIONALS, people pay hundreds of dollars per year to use them. Not only is the problem annoying but the complete failure to acknowledge the issue from Adobe is unacceptable. We should not have to downgrade software and use security-compromised graphics drivers just to circumvent a world-renowned software company's ineptitude.

I hope this helps someone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry all, correction: it's called Nvidia DDU from Wagnardsoft. I can't edit my post for some reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had this issue too. but the error code: -1

I solved my issue by making the name of the exported file very short (since it was quite long before) - and then renaming it once the file had been exported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Due to this issue I reverted back to 14.4 late 2020.
Now I installed the latest PP and AME Versions (14.9) an I  immediatly run into the Error again.
Selektor: 9
Fehlercode: 3
I was surprised, because after changing the following settings in AME I was able to export without any error. (see attached screenshot) "import sequences natively" = unchecked
After reverting the settings "import sequences natively = active" the error apperared again every time i tried to export.

After unselecting "import sequences natively" again i had no further Problems, the error was gone again

It appears however th export seems to be a little bit slower when using "import sequences natively = unchecked"

Nevertheless I am disappointed because no Adobe official has responded in this thread yet.

attached a screenshot of the settings I'm talking about.

And no there is no hardware problem neither is there a slow system. My system is an absolute highend machine.
Only M2 drives and 12Core 24Thread CPU+ NVidia
All running with the latest patches and drivers.
2021-02-09 23_20_40-Adobe Media Encoder 2020.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had this same issue over and over since updating (currently on 14.9) PP/ME 

It is not the drive space, it is not some corrupt section of timeline, it is not hardware acceleration.  The only thing that solves the problem has been to choose the generic "High Quality 1080 at 5.1" 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe Video Editors,

Wanted to add my frustrations here to this thread in hopes that we all get noticed and get a new updates that fixes this H.264 exporter Selector:9 Error Code:3 conundrum.. Its angering me and wating my time, and money, seeing how we all bought rigs to use the hardware encoding to speed our workflow. Only fix I have found is to use the software rendering only-- which exports super slow. 

Here is my rig - see if ther is anything similair here worth noting: 

AMD Ryzen 9 3900 12 Core Processor  |  MOBO ASUS Tuf Gaming x570-plus

Windows 10 pro  19041.804 - on (C:) Samsung SSD NVMe 970 EVO 1 TB

Adobe Media Encoder 14.9  | Premiere Pro 14.9.0 Build (52)

Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER Driver 461.40 Studio

32GB Ram

Exporting To: (D:) Samsung SSD NVMe 970 EVO 1 TB

Footage on:  (I:) Seagate Expansion Desk SCSI Disk Device - 10TB

Project files and Scratch Files on :  (I:) Seagate Expansion Desk SCSI Disk Device - 10TB

Footage description h.264 | 4K | 24fps | From Sony A7iii. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi my Encoder did keep crashing when exporting. (  new version 14.9 )
I did Export directly from PP, it worked for me.

Hope it helps someone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For anyone still having this issue:

I had this exact problem. Rendering a 25 minute video, lots of cuts, lots of footage, lumatri, graphics, the lot... Randomly it would give me the Error code 3 failure during the rende, this was both direclty in Premier and Queued to the Meda Encoder. 

I resolved it but going into the Creative Cloud app, uninstalled Media Encoder v14.9. Then under other versions I installed v14.4.

I then dragged the Premier project into the Media Encoder window, setup exactly as before and it rendered... and quickly too.

I hope this helps anyone that is experiencing this problem because I know first hand how annoying it is after spending a couple of days editing...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm this. I usually don't write on forums but after spending hours losing hair, it would seem a simple fix to this propblem was to go back to Media Encoder 14.4. I've been suffering from this problem for quite some time now and I've only been able to render out smaller projects (1080p, 3-5 minute videos) vs my longer 4k projects since updating my Media Encoder a few months back. You're a life saver thanks. hope this workaround works for the rest of you guys, cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe Video Editors

I also can confirm that this is working for me, so far. I have uninstalled Media Encoder v.14.9 and then in: 'other versions' - installed v14.4 - I was able to use Hardware Rendering succesfully again. No error code Selector 9 Error Code 3. This cuts my render times by more than half. Thank you Rammeh for posting your solution. 

Use the version in this image below: Media Encoder version 14.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 06, 2021 Mar 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YUP.

Just got a brand new computer. i9x-10980x with 3080 and 64GB of ddr4. Everything is on the same drive and it's a SSD.

Rendered my first video and WALA, get the same error as always.

Reduced my Media encoder to 14.5 and it has rendered 2 3GB + videos perfectly.

Glad we pay for this, I mean what else am I going to dow tih my money and the work arounds, it's so much fun right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys ! I struggled with this issue all day and I finnally found a solution. It's not perfect but it works fine for me.
The issue occurs when I try to export my video in 4k. I have a nvidia GTX 1080 and a 12 thread CPU with 32Go of ram.

the solution was just to export the video in HEVC h.265 codec. You will not be able to open it with every video player but it works for youtube upload. You can also try to reimport the HVEC exported video in a new premiere pro project to try to re-export to h.264. It's not perfect solution but it saved me hours of investigations on my hardware.

The error seems to be caused by SSD that cannot handle a such writing stream or the GPU VRAM that is overloaded during process.  

Sorry for my english i'm from france 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having this issue on a relative new build with two internal NVE SSDs which are blazingly fast, so I don't think it's that 😞

Plus it also started happening on my laptop randomly too.

Zotac RTX3090 with latest NVIDIA Studio drivers.

48gb ram

5800x

Windows 10 pro

It started on my laptop months ago, this is aa joke now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe ... solution??? New version ?? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installed Version 15.0
Still the same Problem. reverted back to 14.4 as I did it since 14.5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Yes same problem here as well. Just installed the latest Adobe updates 10/3/2021 to v15 of PR and ME etc (plus I have the latest Intel GPU drivers & Nvidia Feb 2021 studio drivers) and I got this same old error.

I did find a solution that may work (as I only tried it once) and that is to go into PR preferences -> Media and uncheck Nvidia decode (so its off) but I left Intel decode checked (so its on) and Nvidia hardware encoding checked (so its on) then restart PR/ME.

My system has Nvidia GTX 1070 and a Intel 530 graphics CPU. I exported a 1 hour+ timeline with no problems and watched the task manager to see that that the Intel GPU was only decoding and nvidia was only encoding and this worked without this error, all at great speed.

I do believe the whole this of this error is down to the 'new' hardware decoding within the exporting function introduced after v14.4 of PR and ME.

Regards Gary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked Gary. Thank you. Exported in Seconds. Had to unclick the link in both ME and PR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use PP for many years, first time ever to write something on this forum.

Please fix this, I am back to the old version of Media Encoder and error 3 is gone. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem.

Now I don't even try to render full video. I've chosen to chop it to 3 minute clips, and than I put together pre-rendered videos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But now it doesn't work either 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is a great work around but not a solution for a proffesional program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE With v15.0 - This is broken in 15.0

I had no problems until I was forced to uninstall and reinstall AfterEffects and Media Encoder due to an error in the connection between them. I installed the new version, 15.0, of Media Encoder (AKA 2021, along with a new AE 2021). This version IS having the problem described.

Per the tips here I installed the previous version. The only one available is 14.9. I also had to install the previous version of AfterEffects to match, so they're both "2020" versions.

This has fixed the issue.

Specs:

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X

96GB RAM

Nvidia RTX 3080 (seems unused during rendering)

Project files on HDD

Cache files on separate SSD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note: I didn't uninstall the latest (15.0) version before installing 14.9. They're both currently installed. 14.9 works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A new version auf ME V15 and no solution. i have the same problem !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines