• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Encoding Failed Component: H.264 of type Exporter Selector: 9 Error code: 3

Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have an encoding failer (see log below) which when I repeat/reset status on the same sequence will happen/fail at different times during the same export with no changes to the project/setting etc?:

Basic setup; Windows 10, Premiere 14.5, ME 14.5 Geforce GTX 1070 with latest Oct 2020 studio driver

------------------------------------------------------------
- Encoding Time: 00:03:15
10/31/2020 02:56:00 PM : Encoding Failed
Export Error
Error compiling movie.

Export Error

Error completing render.

Writing with exporter: H.264
Writing to file: \\?\D:\Premier Pro Exports\20201012-wed-gib-wedding-MA.mp4
Writing file type: H264
Around timecode: 00:12:40:14 - 00:12:40:15
Component: H.264 of type Exporter
Selector: 9
Error code: 3

- Encoding Time: 00:03:28
10/31/2020 03:00:29 PM : Encoding Failed
Export Error
Error compiling movie.

Export Error

Error completing render.

Writing with exporter: H.264
Writing to file: \\?\D:\Premier Pro Exports\20201012-wed-gib-wedding-MA.mp4
Writing file type: H264
Around timecode: 00:13:20:16 - 00:13:20:17
Component: H.264 of type Exporter
Selector: 9
Error code: 3

TOPICS
Export or render , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Here is a fix

Change hardware Encoding to Software Encoding.

https://youtu.be/EJ9dClm7XZQ

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 235 Replies 235
Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This forum is a user community. Users help users. If you feel strongly about a (new)feature or (bug) fix please post it here: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911308-media-encoder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted this bug on that forum per your recommendation.

However I think this has been a very useful thread, without it I wouldn't have known to downgrade my ME and AE to make them work.

Also I think it's ok for us to complain when we encounter a bug repeatedly that gets fixed and then appears again when we update our software. I spent several hours trying to diagnose and figure out how to render my project, that had rendered fine the day before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

100% don't buy any rubbish explanation coming from Adobe until they actually resolve this once and for all.

The amount of posts on this export issue in here, let alone all over google is just absolutely insane. There is no point having an editing suite if we cannot export the media in a format we need it to be exported in!!

The amount of bug reports I have sent Adobe and heard absolutely no reply, now the exports just fail and no bug report is generated to be sent. This has cost me more time and money than I care to even look at now, it's beyond a joke.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to understand the bug reporting but could not. I could not find anything on this issue in spite of people saying they have posted bugs. It is not like any bug tracking system I have ever seen. Anyhow Adobe calls them "Ideas", presumably because what the clients call bugs are features to them. However judging by the comments below it seems a pointless exercise to report bugs. All we can hope for are work arounds on this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reported it twice.

I had a supporter more than 2 hours playing with my system. After the supporter finished his work i had to retsore from backup due to lost configuration files  and other irregualar behaviour,

Since i discovered it it fine for me running with 14.4 i reverted to that version again.

It seems to be obvious there is a communication leak support  to engineering.

my second reporting was in the adobe beta roup reporting the same issue as in the released version. No feedback
I'M NOT SATISFIED THE WAY ADOBE TAKES CARE OF THIS ISSUE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue as everyone in this thread - had several exports fail randomly during the past few projects. I have an NVIDIA 1080 7th gen and took the advice of exporting it to one of my internal drives instead of an external. That worked, plus it was much quicker of a render.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kev_mon Does @AdobeCare have a solution for the Selector: 9 Error code: 3-issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I was working on a project on my laptop, was happy with it, for the most part.

Went to export it, and looowwwww and behold. The same damn error that I get with my desktop, I get with my laptop. How is not EVERYONE having this issue? It was a completly different type of video too. Why am I paying so much money for this sh*t?

So now I am trying to find a way to get Encoder - version 14.5 back onto this computer, it does not give me the options, it only backdates it to 14.9 - have they removed the older versions? I honestly NEED the 14.5.

QUESTION: where can I get the 14.5 version? Anyone? Please say I can still get it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't help you on the older version but try toggling on & off the Intel & Nvidia decode options in Media Settings in the latest version. I believe this problem is cause by hardware decoding during the encoding process for H.264/5. Leave hardware encoding on.

Regards Gary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

We are sorry for the issues that you are seeing.

We need help with some consistent reproducing case for this error, so we can verify the fixes that we are trying for this problem. If possible, please share some projects and preset, which are causing issue for you.

Thanks

Umang

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thanks for gettingback to us.

This error has been occuring for many users since October 2020 and from PP 14.5 and ME 14.5 when hardware decoding was introduced. Unfortuantley this error IS NOT repeatable in the normal sense/way as its happens randomonly or sometimes not at all for repeated attemps to encode for the same timeline (see users experiences of this). All we all have is the log file of the error and you will see that it will happen (or not happen) at any point in an exported timeline.

Current work arounds are:

Use v14.4 of ME or PR instead

or switch off decode in media settings

or encode to a non H.264/5 file type

or the dreafully slow and almost unusable software encoding option.

Also using faster SSD drives for media files and export locations 'helps' but is not a fix but reduces the incidence of the error in most cases.

If users can switch on more detailed logging then this may help Adobe fix this high priority issue? This error also need to be raised higher up into Adobe technical develoment and support.

Regards Gary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your feedback.

We need more help. Please confirm that the project media files are located on your local disk when you are seeinng this issue. Is there a case that the project media files are located on network drive ?

Thanks

Umang

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Umang,

Is there a location where we can drop the project and the associated files?

I'm currently working on a project which failes randomly when exporting. A second export works in most cases.  I can share the files with you if you need them for deeper investigations.

Thank you

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I installed the Beta version. The error still occurs. I tried all tips mentioned here expect from going back to Vers.14.4

The error occurs in EVERY project. I cannot render ANYTHING!

How can I step back to Vers. 14.4? Creative Cloud only offers me to go back to 14.9?

BR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need your help in reproducing the issue..

Please share following info :

1. System configuration : GPU/CPU etc.

2. GPU memory state when this error happens. (Check from Task Manager/performance)

3. Please share a project which we can use for reproducing the issue.

4. Please share beta build number which you have used and where this issuee happens.

Thanks

Umang

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Umang,

thanks for coming back to me.

My Configuration:

AMD Ryzen 7 1700X Eight-Core Processor 3.40 GHz
Geforce GTX 1080

32gb RAM

GPU memory state when this error happens:

57%, (differs from project to project)

Premiere Pro 15.2.0 BETA (Build 10)

PP File:
https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/fa9ca30f-9d52-4f53-5626-60f779095298

And again: How can I go back to V14.4?

Regards,

Alex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need more help. Please confirm that the project media files are located on your local disk when you are seeinng this issue. Is there a case that the project media files are located on network drive ?

Thanks

Umang

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Umang,

I will drop a whole project created wih project manager in cc in a password protected zip file and send you the password via personal message.

is this ok for you?

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that would be great. We will try to reproduce the issue with the project. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Umang Mital,

Hello Adobe Video Editors,

I wanted to add my frustrations here to this thread in hopes that we all get noticed and get a new updates that fixes this H.264 exporter Selector:9 Error Code:3 conundrum. Thank you Umang for showing up. This issue is angering me and wasting my time, and money. I use this software daily as an employed editor, H.264 is required by employer.   We all bought rigs to use the hardware encoding to speed our workflow. Two fixes I have found is to use the software rendering only-- which exports super slow,  or  to revert back to ME14.4. which is where I am now. - I will not update Premeire Pro, Media Encoder, Or After Effects until I see there is a fix reported on this thread. The export error started on the 14.5 update. I have used my current workflow succesfuly since CS2, so thats many years now. 

Here is my rig specs on last error- see if there is anything similair here worth noting: 

AMD Ryzen 9 3900 12 Core Processor  |  MOBO ASUS Tuf Gaming x570-plus

Windows 10 pro  19041.804 - on (C:) Samsung SSD NVMe 970 EVO 1 TB

Adobe Media Encoder 14.9  | Premiere Pro 14.9.0 Build (52)

Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER Driver 461.40 Studio

32GB Ram

Exporting To: (D:) Samsung SSD NVMe 970 EVO 1 TB

Footage on:  (I:) Seagate Expansion Desk SCSI Disk Device - 10TB

Project files and Scratch Files on :  (I:) Seagate Expansion Desk SCSI Disk Device - 10TB

Footage description h.264 | 4K | 24fps | From Sony A7iii. 

Please get your team on this Umang- I wont update from  ME 14.4 till I see a Fix posted on this support thread. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

We were able to reproduce the issue, and verified that the fixes made in latetst build resolves the issue for us. We need your help in verifying the fixes in latest beta build. Latest beta build is available on creative cloud, it would be very helpful, if you can try latest beta builds and confirm tha it resolves the issue or not.

Thanks

Umang

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tested version 15.1(beta).

I am still getting the error and the redering failed. 

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for reporting this issue.

We need your help reproducing the issue, and verify the fixes for this issue.

1. We need information about GPU/CPU details of the machine, where this issue is happening.

2. We need information about location of files used in the project, are they placed locally or on external or network drive ? Also, is the output file location on local drive or network drive.

3. Is there any specific workflow, like ingest where this issue is happening ?

4. We need help with a sample project, and if posible, we would like to do a screenshare for better understanding of this issue.

Thanks

Umang

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GTX 1080TI

32GB RAM

Intel i7 - 7820X

Working only on M2 SSDs (local)

This error only appears by exporting in 4K, if i run 1080p i no not get the error yet.

All Files are located on Local SSD (mp4 from camera)

Filters used is Lumetri-Color

Some AE overlays added

But the error comes complete random to random time and cant locate to any file or overlay. So some times the Project renders 30 min, then 1 Hour, then 10 min... I use YouTube 4K Export Settings with 45 CBR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines