• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Encoding Failed Component: H.264 of type Exporter Selector: 9 Error code: 3

Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have an encoding failer (see log below) which when I repeat/reset status on the same sequence will happen/fail at different times during the same export with no changes to the project/setting etc?:

Basic setup; Windows 10, Premiere 14.5, ME 14.5 Geforce GTX 1070 with latest Oct 2020 studio driver

------------------------------------------------------------
- Encoding Time: 00:03:15
10/31/2020 02:56:00 PM : Encoding Failed
Export Error
Error compiling movie.

Export Error

Error completing render.

Writing with exporter: H.264
Writing to file: \\?\D:\Premier Pro Exports\20201012-wed-gib-wedding-MA.mp4
Writing file type: H264
Around timecode: 00:12:40:14 - 00:12:40:15
Component: H.264 of type Exporter
Selector: 9
Error code: 3

- Encoding Time: 00:03:28
10/31/2020 03:00:29 PM : Encoding Failed
Export Error
Error compiling movie.

Export Error

Error completing render.

Writing to file: \\?\D:\Premier Pro Exports\20201012-wed-gib-wedding-MA.mp4
Around timecode: 00:13:20:16 - 00:13:20:17

TOPICS
Export or render , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Here is a fix

Change hardware Encoding to Software Encoding.

https://youtu.be/EJ9dClm7XZQ

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 235 Replies 235
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for you feedback.

We need help undertstanding the issue. Please let us know if you are using ingest workflow for your project, if yes, please try following steps : 

1. Load project
2. Go to file > project settings > ingest setting
3. Enable ingest option
4. Choose copy

5. Export again

6. Verify if export failed / succeed.

Thanks

Umang

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I'm using ingest Workflow.

After changing the settings to "copy" I was able to export successfully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

today i tryed Beta Versions of PE, AE and ME and the rendering worked. I not changed ingest setting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2021 Apr 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here, multiple render errors.

Ryzen 7 3700X - RTX 2060

Windows 10

ME 15.0 and 15.1

I can't believe this issue is been going on for years and Adobe has not fixed it yet.

- Encoding Time: 00:00:45
04/03/2021 06:23:51 PM : Encoding Failed
Export Error
Error compiling movie.

Export Error

Error completing render.

Writing to file: \\?\C:\Videos\036 - Exploring Koh Tao.mp4
Around timecode: 00:01:00:18 - 00:01:00:19

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 
We have added few fixes with latest beta build please test it and share your feedback. its available on Creative Cloud.

Regards

Abhishek 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for continuing to work on this- I am unable to test with beta. I need to stay at 14.4 because I render for work everyday - I can not be dealing with regular export errors. My livelihood depends on quick turnarounds in video. That being said - I am watching this thread very carefully and looking for Adobe staff to post a fix, other than using 14.4, or to let us know an update is going to remedy this issue.

Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate the response this issue seems to finally be getting, hopefully now with this attention we will be close to a permanent fix.

If it's any additional help regarding feedback for testing scenarios, large sequences with multiple channels active (both video and audio) which are overlayed and contain multiple clips inline with one another and using audio ducking and opacity settings used to determine which tracks will be shown/heard through the sequence seem to almost always create the export error mentioned in this post and at completely random times in the sequence each time the same export is retried. Whether this is the correct work flow or not, it used to work without issue and as per all of the above posts relating to versions it has been especially problematic in recent times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Success today, on an edit that would certianly have seen the error.

The difference? -> I updated my Nvidia driver the RTX 2070 super to 462.31 Studio.

I also updated to ME 15.1

No error code in the cue today.

I am really hopping that I can keep updated and not see this error again. 

So your team knows... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to pop in and say this error is still common and ongoing. Adobe please address this. 

Although the user end workarounds seem to be inconsistent and different for each person I did just change my project render setting from CUDA to OpenCL and that helped this time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a minute there it did look like we had the full attention of the Adobe engineers but it has since gone quiet in the last few weeks.

This needs to be the highest priority issue they should be focusing on as far as I'm concerned... and we should really be getting updates every few days at least!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your feedback.

Please share sample project with which you are seeing this issue. Also, please share system specification and version of Premiere / Media Encoder that you are using.

Thanks

Umang

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Writing to file G:\Current Projects\ [Project Name and location here]

Writing file type: H.264

Around timecode: 00:00:20:11 - 00:00:21:15

Error Code: 3

This error has occurred on the same project with two different machines.  The timecode reference is always different.  I have also disabled all effects and attempted different render formats and settings to no avail.  As stated initially on my mobile machine I changed to OpenCL but now I am back home and on my primary edit station the error has come back.  I will attempt to change various settings and see if there is any change Here are the specs of the machine.

Primary Edit Station:

Windows 10 

Asus Crosshair VII (wifi) motherboard

AMD Ryzen 7 2700X 8 core

64 gb ram

NVidia GTX 1070 TI Driver Version 461.92

Mobile/Laptop Edit Station

Asus Zenbook Pro Duo

Windows 10

Intel i9-10980HK

32gb ram

Nvidia Geforce rtx 2060 driver version 462.31

Footage is a mix of Sony FS5 mxf files and Fuji X-T3 H.265 10 bit mov files, but all have proxies and I've attempted exporting using proxies and the error still occurs. 

Editing off of an external SSD drive (SanDisk Extreme Pro V2 2tb 2000MBs/read/write) plugged in via USB-C because I have to travel and do edits while traveling.  Internal drive editing is not a feasible option for my current work as I've seen suggested for a few previous posts and honestly a bit presumptious of available workflows per situation.  All project files are stored on this drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies.

Software versions on both machines are both 15.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Software versions of premiere* are both 15.1

Also an update on this current project: changing from "CUDA" to "Software Only" export settings on my primary computer allowed the project to be exported but obviously it took much longer.  (OpenCL is not available on my primary edit station).

I'm certainly no software engineer but it seems to me from this experience and many others that the issue lives somewhere in the relationship between Premiere's relationship with CUDA. And the issues have persisted through multiple driver updates of the NVIDIA graphics cards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CB,

How's it going? Another user wrote to me saying that the most current drivers released on 4/14 solved his issues. Please try a clean reinstall of NVIDIA drivers and report back.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Kevin,

The 462.31 drivers on my Laptop are the most recent versions available and the issue persisted.  I am behind on my primary computer.  I'm going to update those and see if it changes anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated the GPU drivers to the most recent 462.31 and still received an error althought slightly different.

Error compiling movie.

Unable to process frame.

Writing with exporter H.264

Writing to file: [file name and location]

Writing file time: H264

Around timecode:  00:00:22:21-00:00:24:05

Rendering effect: AE.ADBE Geometry2

Rendering at offset: 22.8998 seconds

Component: EffectFilter of type GPUVideoFilter

Selector: 11

Error code: -1609629695

My best guess is it's erroring with the warp stabilizer (turning this off in the past has sometimes fixed the error compiling movie error ) although I'm not sure why the error code changed after updating the driver. Also after turning off all effects on the laptop it still didn't help to export.

*Deleted render files from the timecode references, re-rendered and then it exported successfully.

I think a lot of the frustration with this issue lives in the inconsistancy of occurrance of the error, how it seems to come and go, and user end workarounds never seem to be the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exacly as You said, this error can occur enytime. I tried to render video 9 times and only once I didn't get that error. I have newest Nvidia Studio drivers, so in my opinion theese drivers don't fix that problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Coming back to this topic roughly a half year after the issue first started occurring for me. Even though Adobe was kind enough to grant some free months of Creative Cloud, I'm back to paying for the product for a couple of months now, while the problem still persists. 

It was painful to see the exact same crash happen during the first encoding on a new build. I'm running a Ryzen 9 5950X and a RTX 3090 now (as well as double the amount of RAM I had before), but it still crashes. I've got all the latest drivers and most up the date version of Premiere Pro, but alas.

I guess Media Encoder is just the only way from here on out. At this point, I'd suggest removing the option to render directly from Premiere Pro at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This error had gone away, then I updated my Adobe products and suddenly it's back. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't believe we are still having to deal with this issue, clearly it is not being given the attention it deserves by your Development Team Adobe.

We have all provided ample amounts of information to you and yet we still have no resolution.

Absolutely not good enough for what's supposed to be a professional level product!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem and I solved it by resetting the preferences in Premiere Pro and in Media Encoder. After I did that, I could export to a preset without any problems. I vaguely remember I was messing with framerates and codecs so I might have changed something which led me to the exact error you are mentioning.

Here's a link on how to reset preferences for Premiere Pro:

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/reset-preferences.html 

For Media Encoder I did the same thing but pressing Shift instead.

Hopefully this will work for you too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only started getting this problem after the latest upgrade.

I have tried resetting everything I can think of and followed all the steps Adobe suggests only to have this recur over and over. As much as I enjoy the ease of using premiere pro, for a monthly subscription to not be giving me the results I desire, I'm going to have to consider terminating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few months ago, I changed my settings to use my embedded Intel GPU for decoding, and my RTX 3080 for encoding, and have not had a rendering failure since.

Previous to that change, I was getting about one failure in three attempts.

James

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated to PP 2022 and got the same problem.... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines