• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export causes "Media Encoder update is available", though already updated

Explorer ,
Sep 09, 2010 Sep 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Summary: Export from within Premiere Pro CS5 ver 5.0.2 produces the dialog "Media Encoder update is available", even though the updater has already been run without error and reports "no updates available". Media Encoder version is 5.0.1. The export itself runs OK after dismissing the dialog.

Details: I updated Premiere Pro CS5 Production Premium from 5.0.1 to 5.0.2, using Adobe Updater. Running updater again (from either Premiere Pro or Media Encoder) produces a dialog:

Adobe Applications Manager: "Your applications are all up-to-date."

However each time I try to export a video (AVCHD 1080i/30 from Canon HF100), Premiere Pro gives this dialog:

Dialog: Adobe Premiere Pro

"An Adobe Media Encoder update is available for this version of Pemiere Pro. To download the latest update, please run the Adobe Updater from the Help menu or visit http://www.adobe.com/go/updates"

Media Encoder help/about says: Version 5.0.1.0 (64-bit)

Adobe Production Premium CS5, updated to 5.0.2

Windows Home Premium 64 bit

Motherboard: EVGA P55 FTW

CPU: quad-core Intel i7-860 @ 3.8Ghz, hyperthreading on, RAM: 8GB DDR3

CPU cooler: Noctua NH-D14

System disk: 300GB Velociraptor, 10k rpm SATA

Data disk: 2 x 1.5TB Barracuda, 7200 rpm SATA, RAID 0

Video: EVGA nVidia GeForce GTX-275 896MB, driver: 8.17.12.5721

Network: AT&T 6 megabit DSL (6 megabit down 512 kilobit up).

Media player: WMP 12.0.7600.16415, VLC 1.0.5

Browser: Chrome 6.0.472.55, IE 8.0.7600.16385, FireFox 3.6.8.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2011 Mar 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sick of this problem!  I've downloaded the AME, and now I get a "Some updates failed to install"  statement with a "Update is not applicable" statement.  This is getting very old.  Not one method I've identified on Adobe.com has worked.  Is there really a way to make this fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2011 Mar 31, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also tried everything in this thread with no success. I have Premiere Pro CS5 (5.03) (not the master collection), and when I downloaded AME from the link supplied and tried to install, it gives the "update is not applicable" error message.

I refuse to reinstall everything again, I need a fix from Adobe, this is unacceptable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2011 Dec 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Employee Mark Mapes, thank you!  The link fixed my bug.  I no longer see the pop-up indicating an update is required.  Wow.  The link directed me to the zip file and it worked.  Pleasantly surprised with a strong peppering of appreciation.  I read the entire thread and got results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 04, 2011 Dec 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mary, I'm glad it Mark's advice (uncheck update AME in Prefernces) worked for you.  As I previously noted in this post, it didn't on my system. Like Oleg, it is very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2012 May 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MerlyCuza wrote:

Employee Mark Mapes, thank you!  The link fixed my bug.  I no longer see the pop-up indicating an update is required.  Wow.  The link directed me to the zip file and it worked.  Pleasantly surprised with a strong peppering of appreciation.  I read the entire thread and got results.

I'm back with this bug again.  Weird.  I even forgot I had this issue to begin with.  Will get back at it and see where the resolution broke-off...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2012 May 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installed the Media Encoder zip/update/file and it fixed the bug.  No longer receiving any messages upon export. 

This is the page that supplied the update:  http://www.adobe.com/downloads/updates/

MerlyCuza wrote:

MerlyCuza wrote:

I'm back with this bug again.  Weird.  I even forgot I had this issue to begin with.  Will get back at it and see where the resolution broke-off...

Message was edited by: MerlyCuza

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 18, 2012 May 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MerlyCuza wrote:

Installed the Media Encoder zip/update/file and it fixed the bug.  No longer receiving any messages upon export. 

This is the page that supplied the update:  http://www.adobe.com/downloads/updates/

Which version (exactly) of Premiere do you have?

Which version (exactly) of Media encoder did you download?

-Didi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2012 May 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Didi, thank you for writing.  Since my last entry, my issue has been resolved (again).  Curious, it seems to have resolved itself?  I spent some time trying to resolve the issue to no avail and then today, as I read your inquiry, I tested both (laptop and desktop) installations and they work fine.  Export window opens as it should to Media Encoder.  Do/did you have an issue as well? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 21, 2011 Sep 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere_pilot quote: "My Production Premium CS5 was installed  on drive 'F' (2 TB) to "off load" as much drive activity as I could from the Drive C SSD drive (128GB).  I don't know why the Adobe Media Encoder (AME) installed on Drive 'C' during the install process as all the other Production Premium programs went to Drive 'F' as I intended.  So; it appears the AME is orphaned "Cold and Alone"  on the Drive 'C'.  I don't know why it strayed from the intended 'F' Drive install folder."

I confirm this, also the above-referenced Adobe workaround (article cpsid_86850) doesn't always work: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/868/cpsid_86850.html

Likewise manually downloading and installing the AME update does not always work. I just installed CS5 on a new machine's D: drive, tried both methods and this time they didn't work.

For some reason the installer disregards the user input to place AME on the install drive, if different than C:. The remainder of CS5 is installed on the requested non-default drive, but AME goes to C: regardless.

The workaround of making a shortcut pointing to AME on C: is not a good permanent solution, as you may not want AME on C:. E.g, you might have a boot SSD with very limited space. Or you might have an SSD on D: or E: and you want *all* of CS5 (inc'l AME) there for maximum speed.

What I ultimately did was simply move the entire AME folder from c:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Media Encoder CS5 to d:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Media Encoder CS5, which is where it should have been installed in the 1st place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2012 Mar 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

joema3's fix also worked for me.  I moved the Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 folder from the C: drive to the actual installation location D:\BloatWare\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.  Note that it had to go not in Adobe but in Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.  This may be why it didn't work for some other folks.

Before this, the Queue button in Export Settings had never worked unless Media Encoder was already running.  Now the Queue button starts up Media Encoder, although it gives an error message that Adobe Media Encoder is not running from the default location and this is not a supported configuration.

The new error only happens the first time in a Premiere Pro run.  After that Media Encoder is running so no error message.  So instead of having to start Media Encoder manually it is only necessary to dismiss another stupid Adobe error message, judged an improvement.

<rant>But it would be more of an improvement if the folks who write this three- and four-figure software would occasionally give a thought to the poor schnooks who buy the stuff and then have to fight the Adobe user interface and configuration straitjackets to try to use it.</rant>

There.  I feel better now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2011 Aug 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can confirm copying and pasting shortcut in windows 7

does not work.

Downloading ame and installing WORKS!!!

Suspect your problems started when when you downloaded trial cs5.5 and uninstalled it after the trial period like me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 23, 2011 Oct 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am having the same problem. I tried copying the shortcut as described here. I tried using the extension .exe, .ink(no exe) and .exe.ink. This did not fix my problem. I tried downloading the update directly from Adobe's website. I then tried installing the update from a Thumb drive which did not finish the process. I then copied the file to my HDD and ran the update from there. The update said it finished ok. But i am still have the same problem.

I installed Premiere Pro CS5 on another computer a Dell Mini running Windows7 home edition x64. I have not really used Premiere Pro on this computer but I am not having this problem after applying the update.

Maybe the update did not install correctly as described above. How do I delete or uninstall the latest update so I can try it again?

Thanks,

John Gerard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2011 Nov 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am having the same problem.

I have installed:

Premiere Pro 5.0.3

with

AME 5.0.1

Programs are installed on C: in the default locations:C:\Program Files\Adobe\....

updater in AME $ PP says "no updates"

I export 100-200 times a day. Every time i get the message and it's very angry me.

May be a solution of how turn off this reminder at all ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 18, 2011 Nov 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Oleg, you can disable the automatic check for updates by following these steps:

1) In any Creative Suite product, select "Updates" in the Help menu.

2) In the Updates dialog, click Preferences in the upper right corner.

3) In the Preferences dialgo, click Adobe Media Encoder to remove the checkmark.

4) Click Done.

I hope that works for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 19, 2011 Nov 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Mark,

Unfortunately the workaround you've suggested  (uncheck Adobe Media Encoder from the Help>Preferences>Update dialog box). did not work on my system (CS5 Production Premium). Should those of us encountering this problem re-install Premiere? 

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 16, 2012 Jan 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I am just checking to see if there is any update on the fix to this problem. I have read and tried all suggestions here with no luck.  I can still use the product by clicking OK on the error  message. My install is to the D drive not the default C drive.

John Gerard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 11, 2012 Mar 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

March 11, 2012

The problem persists ..

I have 5.0.1 installed and always get a message. The updater from within the program says ' no updates.

Downloading and installing yields in 'some updates failed to install'

Or did I miss something helpful meanwhile ...?

-Didi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 17, 2012 Apr 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OS on c:/   (this SSD is to small)
CS5 on K:/   

shorcut made, copied tot K in CS5-premiere map |  no good action with the *.exe still added |  without the deleted  *. exe in the name AME opens, but gives a yellow triangle.

the source is still C:\users\....  AppData\local\temp/name.prproj\name         though I set the cache tot the K map....se but

sorry, it comes close ... still no queue ... just  rendering

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines