• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export Error: Error compiling movie. Selector: 9 Error code: 6

New Here ,
Mar 10, 2018 Mar 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I am trying to export anything around 20mins or above, either after exporting for a while or just as it finishes, I get this error message (on Premiere Pro directly and AME also):

32-bit QuickTime support ending

Support for import/export of legacy 32-bit QuickTime media will be discontinued in a future version of Premiere Pro. Transcode to a non-legacy format to continue using the media in Premiere Pro after legacy support has ended.

Export Error

Error compiling movie.

Export Error

Exporter returned bad result.

Writing with exporter: QuickTime

Writing to file: -------- (hidden for privacy)

Around timecode: 00:04:31:13

Component: QuickTime of type Exporter

Selector: 9

Error code: 6

I have updated all my softwares (premiere pro and media encoder) and also made sure my QuickTime (v10.4) is up-to-date (and as far as I can see, it is)

I have seen other discussions saying to deselect "Import sequences natively" in AME preferences, which I have done and it didn't help. I have also seen someone recommend exporting without audio, however I am a wedding filmmaker, and thats not an option. The specific clip I am trying to export is someones wedding speech, so it is just one video track, and 2 audio tracks.

As mentioned above, it is only when exporting videos (roughly) 20mins and above, I don't have any issues when it comes to shorter clips and even successfully exported one around 17 minutes long, earlier today.

My laptop is a MacBook Pro (late 2013) 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi aliceg13043555,

I am sorry that you are facing trouble in exporting your video from Premiere Pro.

Let us know more about the system specs and the Export Settings.

FAQ: What information should I provide when asking a question on this forum?

Please try a few troubleshooting steps from this link: How to fix issues that cause errors when rendering or exporting

Regarding 32-bit QuickTime support ending message, refer to this link: 32-bit QuickTime support ending

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kulpreet,

Thanks for getting back to me.

The version of Premiere Pro I am using is CC v12.0 Haberdasher and for AME v12.0.1 (Build 64).

I have attached some of the export settings, the rest are below;

Video Codec: h.264

Quality: 100

Frame Rate: 25

Field Order: Progressive

Aspect: Square Pixels

Render at Maximum Depth (ticked)

Audio Codec: AAC

Sample Rate: 48000Hz

I've read the "How to fix issues that cause errors..." article and haven't found any help there.

In regards to the 32-bit Quicktime issue, how do i resolve that? Quicktime comes with Mac mandatory, so how do i change/upgrade or re-install this? Or do I need to change the format settings within the export settings tab (as i select quicktime setting).

What I don't understand, is that i apply all these settings to exports that have worked, however doesn't work and results in the error message when the video is 20 minutes long or more.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the additional information, aliceg13043555.

I've read the "How to fix issues that cause errors..." article and haven't found any help there.

Let us know more about your system specs (OS/GPU/RAM)? What are all effects used in your project?

Have you tried exporting your project in a different format?

Quicktime comes with Mac mandatory, so how do i change/upgrade or re-install this?

Starting June 2018 Apple will also support only 64-bit applications. Check the announcement here: 64-bit Requirement for Mac Apps - News - Apple Developer

Or do I need to change the format settings within the export settings tab (as i select quicktime setting).

You don't need to do anything, this applies to certain codecs only. We include native functionality for a wide range of .mov files that will remain supported indefinitely.

Check this forum post for more information: 32-Bit QuickTime Support Ending - Premiere v12.0.0

-Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines