Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

export settings for converting Avid mxf OP1a to mp4 for vimeo use

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Would be grateful for some help. I've shot some footage on a Sony FS7, edited and graded in Avid Media Composer and run it through Adobe Media Encoder to get it on vimeo. As you can see from the attached screengrab, the vibrant colours and contrast disappears on output. The first is the exported MXF file and the second the resulting mp4 file from AME. I'm doing a VBR 2-pass at 35Mbps. Is there something I'm doing wrong? The footage looks so nice but I can't get it to look like that on the web 😞 Thanks in advance.

example_export.JPG

TOPICS
Export or render , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A lot of possible explainations here. Here is featured content from the Premiere Pro forums that should answer some questions better than I can. Even though it's Premiere Pro, the explainations still apply.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/Premiere-Pro/quot-Why-does-my-footage-look-darker-in-Premiere-quot-Co...

Gotta warn you, though. This is a loaded answer to a loaded question. Perhaps you can watch the video first, and see if that gives you more accurate color results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Brandon,

Many thanks for this. I have had a look through this and tried to follow along.. I've also discovered there's a 10 bit encoding setting in AE that can be checked called 'High10'. This has proved to be a gamechanger. Checking this along with Rec2020 colour primaries and 'Render at Maximum Depth' seems to get me as close to the original as I need it to be. 

Trouble is I now have a few white speckles in the blacks which I'm trying to figure out how to eliminate..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines