Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

exported .mov video doesn't play on Mac-s

Explorer ,
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I need to convert my short animation file .fla made in Animate CC to high quality 4k video in .mov format which needs to be playing on my clients Mac. I am using Windows10 and latest Adobe products. In Media Encoder I choose H264 and High quality 2160 4K from drop down menu. The  video then doesn't wan't to play on Mac but it can be played on my computer in QickTime. I also tried several other options but to no avail. Did I use wrong settings from drop down menu or do I maybe need some additional addons or codecs installed on my computer to make video suitable for Mac? The MP4 generated video hasn't any issues and plays normally.

Thanks for any info!

Matej

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Anyway, the solution was that the client then converted that  MP4 to MOV in his computer and that worked. But is there an option to get directly what I wanted. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the output need to be 4k? Maybe client's computer can't handle 4k? Really, if they are not watching on a 4k display then there is no reason/benefit to giving them 4k, try 1080p instead.

Also, are you creating an .mp4 file or a .mov file? Use .mp4 which you will get by choosing H.264 as the format. Do not use MPEG-4 or Quicktime to make an H.264 file, poor results.

Thanks

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get into Media Encoder via Animate cc when I chose option "export video". Then I choose H264 and High quality 2160 4K.

When rendering is finished  I get two files, one is MP4 which works fine and is small in size and the other is MOV file, which is very big in size (I get 200MB from 2MB of .FLA ). And that one doesn't work. I also tried several other options with lower resolution and also with no success.  I don't see any logic in making so big .mov file.

I am not an video expert  being only animator but the client wants 4k video in .mov format and I can't get it out of Media Encoder. Did

I choose wrong settings from drop down?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyway, the solution was that the client then converted that  MP4 to MOV in his computer and that worked. But is there an option to get directly what I wanted. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If client wants an .mov file, then you would start with choosing QuickTime as the FORMAT, then choose an appropriate codec depending on client needs. Don't start with H.264 to get an .mov file exported.

Thanks

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, I see. Thank you for your help!

Matej

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines