Exporting .MOV issue

Explorer ,
Mar 03, 2019 Mar 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I was given .MOV files to edit, which are the ancient file type codecs that Premiere wont let me use. So Ive been trying to open them in Media Encoder and export into H.264, It WORKS, however each time I export it within the first 20 seconds the video skips and then the audio de syncs during playback.

Its not my media player, Its definitely happening within Media Encoder during the export and no matter what I try, .MOV to H,264 conversion is glitching out and the files  are un usable.

Do we know why this is happening or how I can get around it?

File type ..MOV. 1080p 23.976 fps.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 04, 2019 Mar 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MOV is just the container. What codec is the video encoded in?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 05, 2019 Mar 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi danielj,

Sorry for the trouble.

What happens when you import the files in Premiere Pro? We need to check if the video has VFR because that may result in synchronization issues. Have a look at this article: FAQ: How to work with Variable Frame Rate (VFR) media in Premiere Pro?

Thanks,

Shivangi

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines