• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fastest render Settings for Video with 1 Photo

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2017 Jan 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to render a Video that is 1 photo over music i created as a 1080p video for Youtube. At the moment it takes 35 Minutes to render a 9 minute video with the Media Encoder Youtube 1080p settings. There has to be a faster way. Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Versions of apps likely need to match for Dynamic Link to work.

From AE or Premiere, just choose QuickTime as the export format, then choose the Cineform codec and make sure settings are correct to match video format you desire, such as 1920x1080, 29.97, progressive, 1.0 pixel aspect

SSD is a good thing if you just have the one drive

Thanks

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More info please -

• Premiere version
  • Computer specs
  • Screen grab of Export Settings

Thanks

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

thx for asking. here are the specs:

OS NameMicrosoft Windows 10 Home
Version10.0.14393 Build 14393
ProcessorIntel(R) Core(TM) i7-3610QM CPU @ 2.30GHz, 2301 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/DateAmerican Megatrends Inc. P10AAA.047.140617.dg, 17-Jun-14
SMBIOS Version2.7
Installed Physical Memory (RAM)8.00 GB

After Effects Version 2017.0 Build 14.0.1.5

Media Encoder 2017.0 Build 11.0.0.131

Direct X Runtime 12.0

Nvidia GeForce 650M Driver 372.70

The export setting s are the standard Youtube 1080p Settings from Media Encoder. (see screengrabs)mc01.pngmc02.png

A 9:22 minute video with just the photo and the music took around 30 minutes to render. (I downloaded a free Encoder from the Web and it would render it in under 10 minutes)

This video, with an added Audio Fequency Effect took around 45 minutes to render:

Between Violet and Mauve - Experimental Ambient - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the specs - must be a laptop then? Processor clock speed is low, along with minimal RAM, so not going to be super fast unfortunately. That said, I have seen some complaints online that rendering got slower with CC 2017, so maybe a bug, perhaps try 2015.3 instead.

Curious, the screen shot usually shows more OUTPUT information (frame size, frame rate, etc) under SUMMARY and then also shows SOURCE info below that, not seeing it. What are the Sequence settings?

Thanks

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was just thinking, if "video" being encoded is just one still photo for the duration, you should be able to use CBR encoding and lower the data rate substantially, no need for all that bandwidth when there is no motion video involved. I don't know if that would speed up encoding or not...but worth a try. Smaller file would certainly upload faster at least.

Thanks

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, sorry, i took the render setting from the Media Encoder Presets, instead of the open project. here are the settings from the project open in Media Encoder. I reduced the video length to 30 seconds for test renderings

mc04.pngmc05.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aha! You didn't say you were using a linked AE Comp, that likely adds to the encode time, especially on under-powered machine. If you are just using a still image, why AE at all? Just use Premiere.

Thanks

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's true. Well i'm using After Effects because i know it a lot better and because i wanted to add some nice Audio Spectrum effects in my later videos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's possible that if you export from AE to an Intermediate Codec such as Cineform, then convert that file to H.264 using Media Encoder, that it could be a faster process overall. Just saying, because the system is not high-performance the bottleneck could be from using Dynamic Link. I assume you only have the one C: drive as well you are working from?

Thanks

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried MC 2015.3 and 2014 but they all show me the Dynamic Link Error. Any way to fix that? I know that the 2014 version was a lot faster, because i used in on this laptop when i did some freelance work.

Not sure how to export to a Intermediate Codec.

Yes, only one drive, but it's a SSD. So i guess it should be fast enough

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Versions of apps likely need to match for Dynamic Link to work.

From AE or Premiere, just choose QuickTime as the export format, then choose the Cineform codec and make sure settings are correct to match video format you desire, such as 1920x1080, 29.97, progressive, 1.0 pixel aspect

SSD is a good thing if you just have the one drive

Thanks

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Quicktime Cineform Rendering for some reason shows me a black screen that stay black after i convert it to mp4. Same with DVCPRO 1080p 30

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Encode from AE must not be set up properly, screen shot?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry, i was busy installing AF 2014 and testing the render times. Looks like with AF14 and MC14 on CBR i am down to 14 Minutes for the 9:22 Minutes video. And that's with the fancy Audio Wave Effect. It's not ideal, but it's good enough for now. Thx a lot for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to assist, looks like render time cut by over 50% so far? Did you try CBR encode with low bitrate? Might not encode any faster, but smaller file is good if just doing still image

Thanks

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, that's with CBR I will experiment some more. I also found i can reduce the frame rate and that will not influence the audio. so depending on the visual effects, i can safe quite a lot of time.

thx again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great point about frame rate, hadn't even thought about that since I only ever work with motion video content. I don't know how low YouTube will let you go. I'd guess 24fps (23.976) minimum to be "video legal" but maybe they accept lower?

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Render times on the 30 seconds test version:

CBR: 1:26 Minutes (around 27 Minutes for the full clip)

VBR 1:53 Minutes (around 35 minutes for the full clip - which is strange because i'm sure it was around 45)

I installed Media Encoder 2015.4 but it gave me a Dynamic Link Error. I'm uninstalling 2015.3 now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines