• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fix for Media Encoder 14.9 Crash on Launch

Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fixed my problem!!  Media Encoder 14.9 hadn't been working for me for several weeks - crashes during launch. BUT... I noticed it was stopping while loading plugins - specifically one called "Godrays.plugin" from developer Meltcore. So I located where it was in my library folder and removed the entire folder - only the Meltcore and Mr.Horse 3rd party plugins for After Effects (I never really used them much).... and now it works! Unfortunately, during an earlier attempt to fix the problem I removed my preferences/settings. Now I don't have any of my old custom settings. I'll need to dig through 5 years of old emails to find the weird settings for some of my less common projects (but that's my fault for not backing them up!)

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Hi Sabien, I had the exact same issue!! I couldn't find the plugins. I ended up updating the Meltcore package and huzzah it has started working again. https://coremelt.com

Super frustrating! Thanks for your help 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sabien, I had the exact same issue!! I couldn't find the plugins. I ended up updating the Meltcore package and huzzah it has started working again. https://coremelt.com

Super frustrating! Thanks for your help 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2021 Sep 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi! I had the same problem launching both Premiere Pro and Medi Encoder after updating and after removing my Coremelt plugin (there's a  Remove All CoreMelt Plugins app in the CoreMelt Tools directory) all was well.     Thanks benk29685119 and Sabien!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there! I'm having the same problem. Can you help me locate the library folder, please? I've looked everywhere for it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines