• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font isn't recognized in AME, fine in Premiere

Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2017 Apr 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edited a video that includes some Thai language as text Titles.

Downloaded and installed a specific font that works with Thai, it showed up in my font choices in the Title window of Premiere and everything looked fine until I sent it to queue in AME... Didn't receive any errors, but the export no longer includes original Thai font, those titles have been changed to several rectangular boxes (which seems to be a default character shape when the text is foreign or isn't installed, etc.)

Weird that it looks fine in Premiere, AND I can export directly from Premiere without an issue.

BUT -- I'm just curious why AME won't recognize it? I assumed they both pull the same font library on my Mac pro...

I will eventually need to make several exports and it slows down the work considerably to export directly from Premiere each time.

Any thoughts?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found some answers, in case anyone else still has a similar problem.

I found that some people were fixing this by DE-selecting "Import Sequences Natively" in the AME preferences, but that didn't originally work for me. However, clearing the Media Cache in Premiere AND the Media Cache in Media Encoder, plus a computer restart, did the trick (at least for me).

I did another test with "Import Sequences Natively" still checked after clearing those caches and it still worked.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines