• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

H.264 Export hangs or holds at 100% / 0 remaining eventually finishes exporting.

Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All! 

I am encountering an issue when when exporting H.264 in both AME and PPro.  On Mac or PC,  the export will get to 100% and then just hang there for hours (how long depends on the project length). The preview window and progress bar get all the way to the end and show (100%) 00:00:00:00 remaining, but everything just appears to stop hang. Patience is a virtue and eventually the export finishes, again sometimes after hours of sitting and appearing frozen. 

I've been dealing with this since I stopped using Matrox Hardware to encode in 2016 but I know that I cannot be the only still experiening this. There are posts all over the net but no one seems to have come up with a defintitive solution or at least some clarity as to what is going on. Maybe it's not a malfunction at all. Is this normal behavior? 

This only occurs exporting H.264. Other formats like ProRes and Cineform and others, immediately end the export process when the preview windows shows my last frame and the progress bar gets to 100%. And again, on mac and PC this happends so it's really got me stumped. 

Any help would be much apprecieated. Thanks in advance! 

PS: I am alsways running the latest Adobe CC software and up to date OS's. 

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export or render , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?