• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I download Media Encoder CC 2014?

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to use CC 2014 because I'm running that version of AE. When I look at the 'previous versions' in the CC app, it only offers CC 2017 and CC. How can I get CC 2014?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 04, 2017 Nov 04, 2017

The corresponding version of Media Encode should have installed with After Effects.  Have you double-checked that it isn't already there?

If you are attempting to queue to AME from AE and you get a message that AME is missing, you may need to uninstall After Effects and then reinstall it to get both AE and AME.

It's only recently that AME is available as a stand alone download.  I can't remember it if was 2014 or 2015 when that happened.

One way to get an older version of AE to work with a newer A

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2017 Nov 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The corresponding version of Media Encode should have installed with After Effects.  Have you double-checked that it isn't already there?

If you are attempting to queue to AME from AE and you get a message that AME is missing, you may need to uninstall After Effects and then reinstall it to get both AE and AME.

It's only recently that AME is available as a stand alone download.  I can't remember it if was 2014 or 2015 when that happened.

One way to get an older version of AE to work with a newer AME is to drag and drop the AEP file into the Queue tab of Media Encoder.  You should get a dialog box that allows you to select which Comp that you want to use.

Another workaround is to render Best Settings/Lossless from AE and then drag and drop that file in the AME Queue tab.

Of course, as you already know, you ideally want AME CC2014.

-Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 22, 2017 Dec 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, remove this "correct answer", I have been using After Effects 2014 for sometime now. I also had Media Encoder and they worked very well together. However, since the last update of Creative Cloud, they were both removed. I could put back the AE 2014, but the media encoder is gone. The new version will not work with it and it gives me an error:

"AEGP Plugin AEDynamicLinkServer: Adobe Media Encoder is not installed. Please download and install it to use this feature. Go to: https://createive.adobe.com/apps. (5027::12)"

Going to the site is useless and there doesn't seem to be any information on line about it. Please give it back to me!!! It is causing me a great deal of trouble in my work. I was hopeful I could bring my project into 2018, but the preview sound is not working (no idea why, since sound is great on all other applications) Also, no help online.

This is my job and I have spent hours looking for a solution. I am deeply concerned about this!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 22, 2017 Dec 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, that is the correct answer.  It should remain.

mlewis222, Media Encoder CC2014 is available as a stand alone download; however, I'd recommend that you uninstall After Effects CC2014, restart, and then reinstall it.  That will give you both AE cc2014 and AME cc2014.

If for some reason you do not see AME cc2014, you can install it by itself from Creative Cloud Desktop.

1. Locate Media Encoder CC in the Apps tab.
  2. Use the arrow at the right edge of the Install button to show "Other Versions".
  3. Locate CC20144 and click "Install".

Screen Shot 2017-12-22 at 9.55.30 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-12-22 at 10.03.01 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-12-22 at 10.03.07 PM.png

If after this sending Comps from AE to AME does not work as expected, use this link to start a support chat with Adobe.  Contact Customer Care   Tell them that you need to verify that your After Effects and Adobe Media Encoder are installed correctly.

If you are not comfortable handling software installation, perhaps reach out to your work's IT department for assistance.

-Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 26, 2017 Dec 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have uninstalled and reinstalled AE CC2014 without a problem, when I go to install AME cc2014  from the “Other versions”, as I have done in the past, it is no longer there. My creative Cloud version number is 4.3.0.256, this is what I get:

Actually, I am part of the IT department and am very comfortable installing software. I have used Adobe Creative Cloud for a few years now and have not run across this problem before. Can you please direct me to a place on the Adobe site where I can install Adobe Media Encoder 2014?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may have been removed due to the Dolby issue:

Changes to Dolby Decoding and Encoding Support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 27, 2017 Dec 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My screenshots show how to install prior versions of CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2018 Dec 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a great deal of difficulty determining if this is a dolby issue. However, if I use AE cc2018 and Adobe Media Encoder 2018, with other projects I do not have a problem. I am a bit confused as to why this would be a problem in 2014, but not current installs.

My work has stopped, and this is costing my company much too much to fix. Everything was working before the CC upgrade. I need to step backwards, can anyone help me with this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW, Warren, the "Contact Customer Care" link has me in a loop and keeps sending me back to the Community Forum. So, here I am back again, with out a resolution. I cannot believe I am the only person with this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the chat option and ask for the Video Queue:

Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are following the wrong links if you are winding up back in the community forums. Call instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did contact Customer Care. Apparently by installing the new AE 2018 all my other versions were removed from my computer. And the options for media encoder have also been removed from my CC selections. He said the reason for that was because they removed the former versions of Premier Pro they did not want to confuse people by still having Media Encoder available for the former versions. I do not know why they didn't take AE users into consideration when this decision was made.

I also, do not know why 2014 AE and Media Encoder were uninstalled from my computer.

This has been a nightmare and I have spent hours of wasted time on this problem, with no resolution. IT IS NOT RIGHT!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Going forward, are you clera that you must uncheck “Remove old versions”?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Warren,

Per the Adobe Customer Care person I am out of luck in getting it back. Once removed it cannot be restored. Unfortunately, I did not remove it, or at least not do so intentionally. If you are telling me that there was a check box stating that it would remove old versions, perhaps I missed it.

This is tragic. I was hopeful there would be a source on the Adobe site where I could download it, but so far, no one has been able to direct me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You many need to revert back to Windows 7 Pro in order to run cc2014.

If it's audio that is not playing back, have you tried converting it to .WAV?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, so I jumped on my Windows 10 Pro machine just now and confirmed that the oldest version of Adobe Media Encoder that you can install is AME cc2017.  As such, you'd have to roll your OS back in order to get back to AME cc2014.

Creatiove Cloud Desktop - AME - Other Versions under Windows 10 Pro.PNG

My prior screen shots were for macOS 10.12.6 Sierra which can still run 2014.

-Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines