• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I change the preset for the output path and filename?

Engaged ,
Apr 25, 2019 Apr 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I queue renders from AE or PremPro the output path seems to be stuck on a path and filename that doesnt even reflect the AE filename I'm using, and it doesnt remember the last file path I used.

I know I've set this up in the past to go where I want, either in the Preset (no options for file path as far as I can tell) or somewhere else in the Render Queue process.

Wasting so much time retyping names every time I render and choosing paths…

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 26, 2019 Apr 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ringing Adobe shed no light on this, just spent 20 minutes with the dude and no light shed. After the call though I realised the render filename was the composition name (not the project name) and was defaulting to the directory containing the project file.

I set up a shortcut in the sidebar (macOS) to my render file folder and changed the composition name to be what I want for the render files. close enough to a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2019 Apr 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After Effects has some built-in render templates, but Premiere and Media Encoder do not currently.

/* Start Shameless Plug */

If you're interested in a tool for this, I built Pro IO to automate this exact process in AE & Premiere (compatible with Media Encoder). You can set up Export Presets to your common relative / absolute directories and with your file naming format. Once setup, you just click the preset button for your desired export and that's it.

/* End Shameless Plug */

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines