• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HOW DO I INSTALL ADOBE MEDIA ENCODER v12.0.1

Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2018 May 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently you removed DXV 3 Support and i F&%! need it NOW!

your stupid Creative cloud removed the ability to downgrade or choose versions which IS SUPER FU&&& ANNOYING!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2018 May 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No DXV export in Adobe CC 2018

So, Adobe dropped the bomb. On their latest update, they removed support for 3rd party Quicktime codecs. This also includes our DXV codec, so it is no longer possible to export DXV files.

We can't say that we blame them. Being able to export to .mov files using a 3rd party codec was awesome in 2008. But Quicktime is 32 bit and hopelessly outdated in 2018. So, good riddance to bad rubbish. Out with the old, in with the new.

Hold up. Does this mean we won't be able to use DXV anymore? At all? Like ever?

Of course not. Let's clear a few things up.

DXV doesn't need Quicktime

First of all, Resolume doesn't need Quicktime to play back DXV files. It's our own codec, so you will always be able to play DXV files in Resolume. Always and forever.

Second, you don't need Quicktime to encode DXV files in a .mov container. Of course, if you're a normal mortal and don't spend your life in a compiler, things aren't so easy. But it's very doable to create .mov containers with a DXV codec without having Quicktime installed.

So, really, when you get right down to it, it's not the end of the world.

Hold on, Resolume. Not so fast. I've just updated my Adobe software and I sure as heck can't make DXVs anymore. This is very much the end of the world.

Don't worry, fam. We got you. We're working on export plugins for the Adobe family, as well as batch encoding features for Alley.

Sounds great. That doesn't help me now though.

Yeah, that sucks. Right now, your only options are to either:

• Stick with AE 15.0.1 and AME 12.0.1
  • On PC, you can use MPEG Streamclip to batch encode your exports. Which sucks, because you lose the alpha. And Streamclip's UI makes my eyeballs bleed.
  • On OSX, you can use Compressor 4.1.3 or QTAmateur to batch encode your exports.

All in all, we wish we could have had these things ready for you when Adobe dropped the hammer. As it turned out, life happened while we were busy making plans. Still, let's take a deep breath, give each other a hug, think happy thoughts and we'll get through this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jun 22, 2018 Jun 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you still need to use DXV from Adobe products. Just 2 days ago Resolume guys released DXV exporter for Adobe products (including AE). If anyone need to export from AE straight to DXv codec  - download and instal nevest Alley & DXV 3 Codec from this page: Download - Resolume VJ Software

And after that you do not need to look for DXV codec in Quick Time codecs menu - you can find it as separate Codec in AME/AE menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines