• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to add moov atom?

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2012 Dec 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since upgrading to CS6,when I upload my videos to You Tube I keep getting a notice that I need to adjust my Quicktime settings to prepare videos for internet streaming. Which is easy enough with Quicktime, just chexk the prepare for fast streaming box, with iFFMPEG it also one of the custom choices available by checking the "write moov atom" box. I cannot find the equivilent in AME. Are there presets that do write the moov atom.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't export to QuickTime for upload to YouTube, use the appropriate YouTube preset and create an MP4 file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was just using Quicktime as an example of the parameter seting I am used to seeing when I encode using Final Cut, Compressor, QuickTime, FFMPEG. I assumed that the AME YT presets would write the moov atom but I still got the notice when uploading to YouTube, so I am asking Adobe a) confirm which presets do/do not write the moov atom and/or B)make this a user defined parameter, so that I could make a cusrtom preset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 07, 2012 Dec 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I honestly don't know anything about that, but exports using the YouTube preset do upload to YouTube without any issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2012 Dec 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the AME YouTube preset, the resulting video gets the "adjust Quicktime settings to prepare for internet streaming". Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 20, 2012 Dec 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not if you export an MP4 file, it doesn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2012 Dec 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are serious? I think you "honestly don't know anything about that". Yeah, dude, I made an mp4, using the You Tube Preset, HD 1080 29.97 to be exact. But you should know that the moov atom concept predates mp4 by about 10 years, so it could just as easily be QuickTime .mov with a moov atom written ito the file. Perhaps there is a bug that relates to file sizes, perhaps your short files work but my files (all over an hour) are comprimised? I think I will open a support ticket now. Thanks anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2013 Jan 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same question after using Media Encoder CS6 to compress a mp4 file for YouTube. Couldn't find a "fast start" switch. However, under export settings, I did find a Multiplexer tab that includes two Basic Settings:

• Multiplexer: defaulted to MP4 (other options: 3GPP and None
  • Stream Compatibility: defaulted to Standard (other options: PSP, iPod)

With those settings, I created an MP4 file. To see if it was fast start, I used Hex Friendly for Mac to check and see if moov atom was moved to the front of the file (Fast Start). It was. So it looks like AME CS6 is now implementing fast start. But not matter how much I search, I cannot find collaboration. Everything I find is from earlier versions where lack of fast start was a definate problem. As an alternative, streamclip will create fast start MP4s. However, I find AME CS6 to be much faster.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

True, no documentation on AME and PP. No 'be sure' and check setting.... took me a lot of time - not hoping and believing.
Seen that way the topic 'where is moov atom' is unsolved by 2017.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines