• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to change animation frame duration in sequence - help :)

Participant ,
Jun 29, 2018 Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm animating a large selection of png files in multiple projects..  In the past, I've imported them into Premiere and changed the Clip Speed / Duration, and rendered.  I need each png file to be displayed a certain about of time kinda like a slide show.  Since I'm dealing with 10s of thousands of frames to animate in multiple projects, this has been a slow process.

I discovered only recently that Media Encoder can animate frames from a directory without using Premiere -- awesome!!   But I can't seem to change the Clip Speed / Duration

What if I want each png file to be displayed for 1 second each? Where can I change this in ME?  I've spent hours researching and I'm coming up blank.  Is there a way to generate an animation from png frames where I can specify how long to show each png?

Thanks!!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 30, 2018 Aug 30, 2018

A3user,

Please file that issue here: Media Encoder: Hot (156 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2018 Jun 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm 99% sure that AME can only handle the image sequence as one frame per file.

You'll have to import into Premiere Pro with the preference for Still Image set to one second, insert them into a Sequence and then queue that up in AME.  You may already be aware that you can change the duration after placing the stills in a Video Track in the Speed/Duration dialog box (you'll want all the still images selected and you'll want the Ripple option enabled).  You could also use After Effects (import the still as source footage, not as Image Sequence, and create new Comp from Selection, setting the duration and enabling Sequence Layers in the dialog box).

-Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 29, 2018 Aug 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been searching the same. I can import all the images in a sequence to be stitched together but they don't last one frame each. They get defaulted to a one second (or something like that) duration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 30, 2018 Aug 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A3user,

Please file that issue here: Media Encoder: Hot (156 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines