• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to convert MOV file to WMV in Adobe Media Encoder CC 2019?

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2019 Feb 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I can't find any presets for convert from MOV or any files to WMW in Adobe Media Encoder CC 2019?

Is this function still existing?

Could you help me for the way to do?

Thank You

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Feb 21, 2019 Feb 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should be. JUust chose Windows Media format from dropdown menu and change WM settings as you wish. wm.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2019 Feb 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you’re running macOS, you won’t see Windows Media in the Format options for AME.

You could try this app:

Free WMV AVI Converter by AnyMP4 Studio

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/free-wmv-avi-converter/id908646278?mt=12

Although, last time I used AnyMP4 Studio, it was preset based and didn’t allow custom settings.  (I could be wrong on that.)

I use Telesteram FlipforMac Pro (Windows Media Player and Encoder | Telestream Flip4Mac ) to generate WMV files, but that uses the deprecated version of QuickTime (as such, would not be worth purchasing now).  Telestream now sells Switch, but I haven’t looked into it.  (Windows Media Player and Encoder | Telestream Flip4Mac).
-Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 26, 2019 Feb 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your input @Warren imeilfx .

Hi parinyap,

Thanks for reaching out. The suggestions provided by both @Warren and imeilfx are correct. I assume that you are using mac. WMV is a windows native format and it won't be available for export on mac.

Let us know if you have any other query.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2020 Mar 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

Isn`t there anyway I can do a conversion like that using media encoder??? I`m using a MAC, but I'm working with someone that has Windows and I need to convert a file from MOV to WMV and one from MP4 to WMV.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Any resolution to this? seems like a basic need, surprised media encoder can't do this on a Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines