• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HOW TO CREATE VIDEO DVD WITH ADOBE MEDIA ENCODER

New Here ,
Aug 29, 2013 Aug 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I AM NEW TO ADOBE PREMIERE. AFTER SOME HOURS OF LEARNING FINALLY I FINISHED EDITING 30 MIN OF VIDEO. NOW I DONT KNOW HOW TO OUTPUT TO DVD ( VIDEO DVD ) TO PLAY IN DVD PLAYERS. PLS HELP.

TOPICS
Export or render , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Premiere? CC does not include Encore, but you can download the Encore CS6 from your account. As it is part of Premiere CS6, I believe you would need to download and install Premiere/Encore CS6, and then you can uninstall Premiere CS6, leaving Encore CS6 installed.

If you have Premiere CS6, then you already have Encore CS6. In either case, from Premiere, use File > Export > Media to open Media Encoder. For FORMAT, choose "MPEG-2 DVD", then choose an appropriate preset from the list. For instance, if editing with 1080i, then you might choose NTSC Widescreen High Quality. For 1080p, then use the Progressive version, etc.

What is your source video format? If starting with HD, then check the box at the bottom of AME for Max Render Quality, it helps with the scaling.

Hit EXPORT at bottom and it exports two files, an .m2v for video and .wav for audio. Open Encore, start a New DVD project, and then File > Import > As Timeline and grab both those files for import. From there, I recommend finding an Encore tutorial, too involved for me to type it all out here.

Hope this gets you going at least, but search online for tutorials, there is plenty of good, free stuff out there

Thanks

Jeff Pulera

Safe Harbor Computers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hai Jeff Pulera. Thanks for reply. I am using Premiere CC.I've installed Media Encoder CC. I've tried your method & able to create video file.(Mpeg 2)  My source is DSLR ( mov clips). In Encore CC, I cannot  "  Open Encore, start a New DVD project ". I also saw this method in some tutorial video , but in my Encore CC , there is no "  New DVD project " menu or icon. 

Pls help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2014 Apr 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

due to my licence I only have AE and Media Encoder.  I don't have licence for Adobe Encoder.  I'm pretending to burn my AE project into a DVD:

1. I import the project to AME CC
  2. I Use the MPEG-2 DVD preset
  3. AME generates three files .xmp, .m2v, .wav into my Hard Disc
  4. Then I burn the files to a DVD using Apple 10.8.5 by simple drag and drop.
  5. I try the DVD in my player but it says there is no Audio nor Video data on DVD.
  6. I'm not sure which one if NTSC or PAL in my country (Panama), then I tested both.

What's wrong ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2014 Apr 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's wrong ?

You can't just burn movie files onto a disk. A DVD player is looking for a disk with a VIDEO_TS folder, and inside that various .ifo and .vob files that provide very specific directions as to which files contain the "streams" that are the video and audio. You cannot create a DVD that plays on a DVD player without "authoring" the disk. The Adobe product, Encore, was discontinued as of CS6 - and can be used in its CS6 version for cloud subscribers.

Use a consumer option to author your disk. Do you have access to iMovie?

Edit: I think I mean iDVD;  not a Mac guy...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2014 Apr 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you are right, I'm a new user on Mac, I did not had noticed the iMovie icon in Applications folder.  Just now I'm learning about it.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2014 May 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK I use mountain Lion 10.8.5, it includes iMovie, but when I try to Burn DVD it asks for "iDVD" application, which is discontinued by apple.   Then I wasted some hours reading and asking for apple support.  At least I purchased a program called iSkySoft for DVD burning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2014 Aug 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use Adobe Encore to build the output of your video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2016 May 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You have to purchase Adobe Premiere Elements 12 in order to get that feature. Or you can download a DVD authoring app from the app store. The app store method will be less expensive. I'm not sure on the quality of the output though and I'm not sure if they're compatible with the m2v files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines