• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Export an AE video | 3840x2160 (4K) | 59.94 (fps) from Adobe Media Encoder version 14.03

Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I have a 1 minute AE video that is 4k (3840x2160) and 59.94 (fps).. it has slight animation as well as imported transition effects. I'd like to export the full video from Adobe Media Encoder (version.14.03) in its best quality possible.

The project file is orginally from AE (version 17.0.5) ..but everytime I export the video, the final video quality is not as sharp as a 4k video should look and ends up coming out pixilated. 

Is it possible my media encoder export settings are off? ..(I'm newer to this software).. Any help with a clear looking HD project would be very appreciated and needed!

Looking forward to any help you can provide. Thank you,

- Leon

TOPICS
Export or render , Formats , How to , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jul 05, 2020 Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Leon, it's likely you need to adjust the render settings in Media Encoder to get better results ... but we need to know what your current settings are. For instance are you currently using the H.264 or H.265 encoder or something else? What is your data rate in Media Encoder etc.

However as a stop gap - have you tried using the H.264 format (under 'Export settings' in Media Encoder in the  'Format' pulldown menu) and then selecting in the 'Preset' pull down menu and selecting 'Match Source - High Bitrate'. This is a good place to start if you are new to the program. It should provide good quality encodes.

If the above is still not good enough you can use higher data rates by accessing the 'Bitrate Settings' found in the 'Video' Tab in Media Encoder. You could increase your 'target bitrate' up to (say) 20Mbps or higher. 

A bit of experimenting on your part may be needed to get the best results. Remember that higher bitrates (and quality) will result in larger files and different codecs will provide different results. Once you have a setting you think is good enough - you can save that setting in Media Encoder for future use.

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much Steve, your advice worked perfectly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines