• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to mass change preset in queue?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know AME picks up the last preset used and applies it to all subsequent import. After the import (like 100 of files), I decided to use a different preset.

I know highlighting the files in the queue and double click the preset on the preset panel would ADD a new preset.

But I want to change the preset, not adding one.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi dmkAlex,

If I understand your concern correctly, you want to encode multiple files from AME & you want to change the default export settings.

I think Watch folder is the feature that you are looking for.

How to encode video or audio in Adobe Media Encoder

In case you are looking for something else, please elaborate your query.

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your response.

I did watch that tutorial but couldn't find the answer to my question.

Let me describe the process and the problem I see.

I have a folder (C:\Video4K) containing 10 footages from camera. It is a 4K video with mp4 extension.

I want to transcode the footages to a lower resolution (1080) files for easier editing.

On the queue panel, I clicked the + and select the first file to import. It picked up the last preset I used (a cineform 720 .mov) as default, and it put the output to the original folder (C:\Video4K). It also added "_1" to the file name to differentiate it from the original 4K footage.

I want to use the 1080 preset and put the output to a new folder (C:\Video1080) and do away with the "_1" addition.

I can drag the 1080 preset from the preset panel and drop it into the queue to change the preset. I also change the output to the C:\Video1080 folder, and edited out the "_1".

I clicked on "+" again and highlighted the rest of the 9 footages.

The file bought in has the 1080 preset (that's what I wanted). But the output still goes to the original C:\Video4K folder, thus, added the "_1" to the filename.

I can go to file explorer, or Bridge, to move the 1080 files to the C:\Video1080 folder and edited out the "_1". But it is a pain when you have 100 clips.

What I want is (this is the heart of my question), start from the beginning, click "+" and import all 10 footages into queue.

Highlight all the files in queue and click on the output file and change the folder. The fold is changed, but the "_1" is still appended to the filename.

I want to be able to highlight all the files, and change the preset (That I couldn't find a way to do.).

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines