• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Install Much Older Version of Media Encoder Than Available in CC App

Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2019 Mar 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a lot of projects built in Premiere CC 2014, and because I don't really want to learn a new interface or deal with projects not loading properly, I continue to use the 2014 version of Premiere.  Recently, however, I received some clips in H.265 format which CC 2014 cannot handle, so in addition to leaving the old version of Premiere 2014 on my system, I installed the latest version of Premiere Pro so I could use and convert those clips.  At the same time, although I did not select it for an upgrade, Media Encoder updated itself to the latest version.  Unfortunately, that somehow disabled the ability for my older version of Premiere CC 2014 to send projects to queue in Media Encoder; I now get the error message: "Adobe Media Encoder is not installed.  Please download it and install it to use this feature."  I looked on the CC app to download a previous version:  the oldest one is CC 2017, which I installed, but I am still getting the error.  How can I download the older version of Media Encoder that will work with the queue function of Adobe Premiere CC 2014?  This is very frustrating since I didn't "ask" the CC App to install the new version of Media Encoder .. just the newest version of Premiere.  And yes:  I know that I can just export directly from Premiere 2014, but when you are exporting multiple timelines, that queue functionality is essential.  Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Mar 05, 2019 Mar 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Effects, Premiere Pro and Media Encoder works only with each other when they're from the same release. F.eg. newest AE and PPro from december 2018 release will work with and connect to nothing else than AME form the same december release. If And with older versions is the same - older PPro 2014 will work only with AME 2014 so that is why you are getting errors trying to export from PPro 2014 withhout having AME 2014 installed.
As for "updating older AME and not just installing newer version it should ask you during instalation do you wish to update or leave older version and just instal newer one and probably that happened, you let CC installer "update your AME".

And now for the most important thing for you - that mean finding older version of AMe - I don't have to goog information for you. Last yera Adobe removed older versions of its products so it is impossible. More on that you can find here: Prior major releases of Premiere, Audition, Prelude and AME have been removed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2020 Feb 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What an absolute Chad. Not only did you answer his question, but you mentally destroy him. I can't believe you made fun of him for not knowing Adobe's horrible installation proccess, and assuming that he was the one at fault. Tell ya what mate, instead of treating random people like children, maybe you should give some helpful advice so when others have the same question, work can get done.

Also, yes you can find an older version of AME. Not through Adobe, but there are copies of it on the interwebs. You might be able to get a download link from customer support, but enjoy the 3 some hour wait times...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2020 Feb 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try System Restore to a point before you updated the Adobe applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Open media encoder, add the ".prproj" file in the queue manually and start the queue!

ArtCave_0-1644331508132.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines