• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to create a PERFECT seamless loop with web delivered H264?

Guide ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I've been struggling with this issue for a while. I create looping animations that are generally viewed in browsers. When I create them in AE they loop perfectly, both video and audio are great. But when I render the movie in AME and then play it on loop, there's like a buffering pause at the beginning of each loop, ruining the smooth playback.

I've tinkered around with settings, have searched high and low for a solution but there doesn't appear to be one? Am i wasting my time with this or is it possible to eliminate this? Even if I have to use "other software" like VLC or FFMPEG? I just want to know if I'm wasting my time trying to find a fix that just doesn't exists?

I've seen loads of complaints about it online, but so far, none of the suggested solutions have worked.

Thanks millions for any tried and tested solutions.

TOPICS
Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You send the animation from AE to AME or from Pr to AME?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

both, but mainly AE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will move this post to AME forum, better chance in getting an answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Heya Angie:

You've probably already thought of this, but the best work around I've come up with is to repeat the loop in the file being delivered.

I usually export the loop file at Apple ProRes422 QT or LT then used the stitch feature of Media Encoder to repeat it enough times for at least a minute or two's playback (sometimes longer).  I'll add something like "_loops_x6" to the end of that filename.

If it happens to be for a trade show, I might have the loop repeat for as long as an hour.  If repeating the loop for that that long, I usually set it up in Premiere Pro and then export that to Media Encoder for the MP4.

So the lag is still there, you're just delaying the loop point.

-Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Warren,

Yes, I have used a few cheats and workarounds to try to disguise the problem. I was hoping for a solution to eradicate the issue entirely but I'm now realising this is not possible. Thanks for chiming in 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines