• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

is it possible to export IMX30 in a QuickTime wrapper?

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2020 Jan 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Media Encoder, a client has asked me to export a project 'IMX30, 625/50 30mbps 16:9 in a quicktime wrapper'. So, it's a .mov but using an IMX codec.

Is this possible?

TOPICS
Export or render , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jan 18, 2020 Jan 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As far as I know it's no longer possible. Either from Media Encoder or Premiere Pro. The only way to export IMX is via an .mxf wrapper.

Running an older Mac OS (Sierra in my case) on my own work machines it is still possible to export/convert IMX30 into a .mov wrapper via Final Cut Pro 7 or via QuickTime Player 7 (Pro) - both of which will not work on latest MacOS.

I work in a Network TV environment where we used to deliver all SD content using the IMX codec using .mov from FCP7. Now that we've mostly moved to PC and Premiere Pro we still deliver any SD material in IMX but now using the .mxf wrapper.

It might be that your client *can* accept IMX in .mxf. Worth checking.

If not you'll need to track down an older Mac with the FCP7 or QT 7 Pro installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines