Video Codec: DVCPRo
Resolution: 1920X1080i

TOPICS
Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The format settings completely depend on the source footage and what will be done with the exported file. If your client isn't specifically asking for DVCPro then I would not deliver that. 

1. Is this actually interlaced content (that's what the the "i" represents)?
  2. Is this footage straight out of a camera or did you edit something first?
  3. What will your client be using this for, further editing or is this a delivery file?
  4. If it's a delivery file where will it live, YouTube, an internal server, somewhere else?

A good format for transferring files that will be edited or worked on more is ProRes 422, but again, without knowing anything about the source files I can't give more specific recommendations.

A good format for delivering files is H.264 in a .mp4 container. Both of these formats are supported by Media Encoder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David

It's animated content, and it's going for broadcast, so the format is very strict and I can't use ProRes or .H264 in this case. 

Can you please help me with this,

By default Encoder is setting the resolution to 1440x1080 if I select DVCPro codec

But my requirement is 1920x1080. 

Thanks again, David. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is your After Effects comp set to 25fps? Assuming you're not in the US or Japan then this is probably the case. If so, then the settings you have are correct. DVCPro HD's 1080 resolution is 1440x1080, but with a pixel aspect ratio (PAR) of 1.333 (for 50i on broadcast television). The reduced horizontal resolution is to save bandwidth by sending less information than true 1920x1080, and the non-square PAR might make your video look distorted, but when properly stretched out, 1440 multiplied by 1.333 gets you your 1920 pixels. This is very common for older broadcast television formats. 

There are lots more settings you might be required to conform to, including audio settings, but only the broadcaster's spec sheet can tell you this information. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines