• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue with AE and AME -- Dynamic Link?

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2013 Oct 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using After Effecs CC and I am trying to open the .aep file in Adobe Media Encoder CC (to export as a MPEG file).  I am getting an error stating: "Could not connect to Adobe After Effects.  Please verify that Aobde After Effects and Adobe Dynamic Link components are installed". 

I have both AE and AME open and running.  In the menu for AE I have the Dynamic Link menu available.  However, when opening the .aep file in AME I always get this error.

-Dave

TOPICS
Dynamic link

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 30, 2023 Nov 30, 2023

Found the solution. The problem is that ADOBE ME has been updated to the latest version and After Effects or Premiere has not been updated to that same version. The solution is to go to the Adobe CC app. Intall the latest version of either Ae or Pr depending on what you are working, Lounch it and migrate your settings when prompted. Media encoder will work just fine. You can then unintsall the older version of Ae or Pr on your computer to save space. This is a simple solution that the genuises a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Oct 31, 2013 Oct 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Effects has an option to export the comp directly to AME using File -> Export -> Add to Adobe Media Encoder Queue

See if that method works...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2013 Nov 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It acts like it exports; however, it never shows up in the Media Encoder CC queue...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 05, 2013 Nov 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's possible your firewall is blocking Adobe Dynamic Link from working.

If you're running Windows, open "Windows Firewall and Advanced Security" from the start menu and look at the Inbound Rules. You should see the following:

NameProfile  Enabled  Action  Override  Program

Local

Address 

Remote

Address 

Protocol 

Local 

Port

Remote 

Port

Adobe After Effects CCPublicYesAllowNoC:\program files\adobe\adobe after effects cc\support files\afterfx.exeAnyAnyTCPAnyAny
Adobe After Effects CCPublicYesAllowNoC:\program files\adobe\adobe after effects cc\support files\afterfx.exeAnyAnyUDPAnyAny
Adobe Media Encoder CC  PublicYesAllowNoC:\program files\adobe\adobe media encoder cc\adobe media encoder.exe  AnyAnyTCPAnyAny
Adobe Media Encoder CCPublicYesAllowNoC:\program files\adobe\adobe media encoder cc\adobe media encoder.exeAnyAnyUDPAnyAny
Adobe Premiere Pro CCPublicYesAllowNoC:\program files\adobe\adobe premiere pro cc\pproheadless.exeAnyAnyUDPAnyAny
Adobe Premiere Pro CCPublicYesAllowNoC:\program files\adobe\adobe premiere pro cc\adobe premiere pro.exeAnyAnyUDPAnyAny
Adobe Premiere Pro CCPublicYesAllowNoC:\program files\adobe\adobe premiere pro cc\pproheadless.exeAnyAnyTCPAnyAny
Adobe Premiere Pro CCPublicYesAllowNoC:\program files\adobe\adobe premiere pro cc\adobe premiere pro.exeAnyAnyTCPAnyAny

If you're on a MAC, go into System Preferences -> Security & Privacy -> Firewall. If the firewall is turned on then make sure all the Adobe apps are set to "Allow Incoming Connections"

-Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is amazing—thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 05, 2013 Nov 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Double-check that both AME and After Effects are updated to the latest version: AME CC 7.1 and After Effects CC 12.1.  If there's a version mis-match it may cause Dynamic Link  issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2015 Apr 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i get the same errors in the same situations.  everything is updated.  but the project still doesn't show up in the AME queue.  i used to export them all there, then just press play and go to bed... and then start the next phase of the project in the morning.  now instead i have to create project, render for an hour... then create the next one, and repeat all that over and over.  it's a real pain in the arse and adds so many hours to my work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 26, 2015 May 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi KKitty,

i get the same errors in the same situations.  everything is updated.  but the project still doesn't show up in the AME queue.  i used to export them all there, then just press play and go to bed... and then start the next phase of the project in the morning.  now instead i have to create project, render for an hour... then create the next one, and repeat all that over and over.  it's a real pain in the arse and adds so many hours to my work

If you are still facing these issues, please contact support here: http://bit.ly/PPro-support

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 21, 2015 Jul 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried exporting (via the file menu) to AME from Ae and all I get is the error message as above (5027 :: 12)  all programs, according to the CC app are up to date. Pr has no problem exporting to AME.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Sir.

please give me a solution, I installed my Adobe AE in C, but when I want to rendered still shown AEGP Plugin AEDynamicLinkServer: Adobe Media Encoder is not installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 03, 2018 Jan 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which precise version of After Effects?

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 22, 2015 Jul 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a look at this thread Adobe Media encoder plugin is missing in After Effects. How do you install the plugin? the same problem different approach.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2016 Sep 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same error, my problem that i had that gave me this error was not installing both AE and AME in the default folders like "C:\Program Files\Adobe... " well i found once a solution for this, there was a command that i cant remember of, that you write in cmd so that you point your pc where to look for those programs, to be exact you need to write the programs's paths besides that command. I'll write the command here as soon as i rediscover it. Hope it helped even a bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2016 Sep 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I nailed it. How to solve the "AEGP Plugin AEDynamicLinkServer: Adobe Media Encoder is not installed. Please download and install it to use this feature. Go to "htpp:..." " it is easy, like i said you need to specify the correct path of the program, so:

1. Open CMD as Administrator
  2. Write in CMD: mklink /J "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Media Encoder CC 2015" "D:\Programs\Adobe\Adobe Media Encoder CC 2015" (the first path is the default location of the AME and the second one is the location where you installed it.
  3. Verify by opening AE and Export your composition, it should automatically open AME with your comp in the queue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2016 Oct 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks A lot, This one worked, I was having the issue because I hadn't installed the application in the default folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You sir are a god amongst men.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Who did help you, i would like to know the answer too.

Ofcourse88

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2018 Sep 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same problem which led me here.  Linking Media Encoder in cmd didn't work for me, but on a hunch i also linked After Effects to my new location and that took care of my problem.

(updated for CC 2018)

For me it was

(Media Encoder)    cmd: mklink /J "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Media Encoder CC 2018" "Y:\Adobe Apps\Adobe Media Encoder CC 2018"

(After Effects)     cmd: mklink /J "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects CC 2018" "Y:\Adobe Apps\Adobe After Effects CC 2018"

May need to do the same for Premier Pro if you are using Media Encoder for your Premier Pro projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2018 Sep 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have the same problem of them not linking. Put both of your suggested cmd's. Both came back with "Cannot create a file when that file already exists."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please copy the exact commands that you entered in command prompt?  Yours will be different from mine depending on where you installed the apps. Also, are you running command prompt as administrator?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used -

cmd: mklink /J "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Media Encoder CC 2018" "C:\Adobe

Apps\Adobe Media Encoder CC 2018"

cmd: mklink /J "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects CC 2018" "C:\Adobe

Apps\Adobe After Effects CC 2018"

and yes, im running the cmd as admin.

I was looking at the command again and I have both programs on the c drive,

none on external drives.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem, can't use CMD - don't know how!
 Is there any other way? I installed AE 2019 and the new Adobe Media Encoder and queuing stopped working. I reverted to 2018 version, it doesn't work there either anymore. When I tried to add file to the queue through Media Encoder - it says "Could not connect to Adobe After Effects. Please verify that Adobe After Effects and Adobe Dynamic Link components are installed". How do I check if Adobe Dynamic Link, and how to install it? 😕

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are my savior.. i spent 2 days struggling with this problem and then you.. the apple of my eye ❤️

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a fix like this for Mac? I am not savvy with terminal on Mac and am not sure if that would work similarly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated my AME and After Effects from the Creative Cloud, so they are the most recent versions available that I can tell. AME is 2017.0 Release, Build 11.0.0.131, and my After Effects is 2017.0 Release, Version 14.0.0.207, and yet I am getting this same error from AME "Could not connect to Adobe After Effects. Please verify..."

Is it possible that with this latest update, there is now a mis-match of versions between AME and AE? I am using a Mac on El Capitan Version 10.11.3. My dynamic server link was working fine until today, when it was running very slowly to make the link, so I updated both AME and AE, thinking it would improve performance. But now I'm getting that error. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines