• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues exporting ZOOM videos and Screen-capture videos

Explorer ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've started working a lot with videos recorded during zoom meetings and also recorded using screen-capture software.

Premiere and Encoder seem to have a difficult time exporting these files.

It will begin the encoding process, then at some point it will just either freeze-up or just fail. 

Encoder does seem a bit buggy since last couple of  updates as I've had some other issues. But with these zoom/Screen capture videos, the issue is almost 100%.

I recently encoded about 24 hours of AVI videos to mp4 with no issues, and some of those files were 12 hours long.

I'm trying not to just use Software Only encoding to see if that helps.

TOPICS
Crash , Export or render , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please use the free MediaInfo and post a screenshot the properties of your media in tree view:
https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo

Many users are having issues with VFR. If the file is variable frame rate, use Hand brake to convert to constant frame rate:
https://handbrake.fr/downloads.php
Here is a tutorial:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=34&v=xlvxgVREX-Y

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I have Handbrake, a program I purchased for a few bucks. I pay several hundred dollars a year (for over 2 decades) for Adobe products.

Why does an off-the-shelf software do better than a tool made for professionals?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE:

I know this is somewhat of a recent problem going back just a few months.

Sure enough, I did the project in Adobe Premiere 2018/Encoder 2018 and it worked fine.

There is definitely something glitchy with 2020 and 2021 regarding exporting. I'm getting misfires all over the place all the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also, when trying to export these screen-capture/ZOOM video files in Encoder 2021, it would cause Google Chrome to freeze up. And sometimes it would cause my second monitor to lose connection and it would go black. I would have to restart the computer to get everything back to normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines