Long render times

New Here ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should it take7 hours to render a 30 minute video from Premiere Pro?  Not 4K footage, using GPU acceleration.  Nvidia driver is their studio driver!

What am I missing?

TOPICS
Export or render, Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe.

What are the complete computer specs, including hard drives (how many, what kind, what is on each, and how full)?

What effects and transitions are used?

How many tracks on the timeline?

What are the sequecence settings?

What are the export settings?

What file types and codecs are your media? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2020 Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I played around a bit and found that when I removed some .jpg slides from the process, the video rendered very quickly.  The slides were created from a .pdf document.  One slide in particular seemed to be causing the problem since when I took it out the render time went to about 4 minutes.  I rendered that slide by itself into an .mp4 file and added it back into the project and that seemed to work.

Today I was doing a similar project with similar items, video from a digital camera and slides from a .pdf document.  For some reason, Premier Pro would not show the preview until I moved the timeline slider. When I stopped the playback, the panel went black.  When I tried to render the project it said it would take 12 hours.  I removed the slides and the video rendered in about 10 minutes.  I then went back to try and render the slides and it failed.  I changed the renderer from GPU acceleration (CUDA) to software only and the slides rendered in about 5 minutes.  I will now put the teo videos together and see how long they take to render together.

Any thoughts on the issues I seem to be encountering; not being able to render the .jpg slides with the video and the black playback panel when paused?

Specs:

Microsoft Surfacebook 2 i7-8650U CPU@1.9Ghz 2.11 Ghz

16GB Ram (13 Gb allocated to Premiere pro when running)

64 bit operating system

Graphics card NvidiaGeForceGTX 1050

Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 13, 2020 Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try opening the problem files in Photoshop and resave as jpeg or psd.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2020 Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Will do next time. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines