Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LZW Compression by Tiff Sequences

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

i don't find the possibility to choose the LZW Compression by exporting a Tiff sequence. The files are to Big (Pro frame about 8 MB)

Where is it? It is hidden?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you exporting to AME from After Effects?  If so, export using the After Effects Render Queue instead.  In the Output Module dialog box, set the Format pop-up menu to TIFF Sequence and then click the Format Options button to enable LZW Compression.

Screen Shot 2017-10-24 at 8.23.52 AM.png

-Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanx for answering!

In After effects i knowed it.

But im am exporting it from Premiere to AME! How does it works with Premiere?

Thnak you for your Help!

Von: Warren Heaton

Gesendet: Dienstag, 24. Oktober 2017 17:27

An: Kreklow, Wilhelm (sonnenklar.TV)

Betreff: LZW Compression by Tiff Sequences

created by Warren Heaton<https://forums.adobe.com/people/Warren+Heaton> in Adobe Media Encoder (AME) - View the full discussion<https://forums.adobe.com/message/9914550#9914550>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere uses the same format settings as AME, so you're still without LZW compression.

I can think of a few options:

• If you've already rendered all of the TIFF sequence without LZW:
    • load the image sequence in AE and render it with LZW enabled.  Or
    • batch process the TIFF files in Photoshop with LZW enabled (this assumes you know how to create a custom PS Action to open and save).
  • If you haven't already rendered the TIFF sequence without LSW, you can replace your Sequence clips with an After Effects Comp.  However, AE doesn't reproduce everything that PR does (and vice versa).  Depending on what you're doing with your footage in PR, this may or may not look the same once in AE.  Then, render from AE with LZW enabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanx for the respond! Yes i was thinking about the same! Was hoping I could export the tiff sequence from Premiere only in one step!

Thank You!

best regards

Will

Von: Warren Heaton

Gesendet: Dienstag, 24. Oktober 2017 18:19

An: Kreklow, Wilhelm (sonnenklar.TV)

Betreff: LZW Compression by Tiff Sequences

created by Warren Heaton<https://forums.adobe.com/people/Warren+Heaton> in Adobe Media Encoder (AME) - View the full discussion<https://forums.adobe.com/message/9914799#9914799>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2019 Sep 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
2 years on and I'm now running into this issue. Can AME still not export TIFF sequences with LZW compression? I don't want to have to use the AE Render Queue for the obvious reason that I have to stop working 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines