• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

m4v audio doesn't import?

Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I import m4v files into premiere or encoder, it does not bring in the audio. There is audio in the file. How do I make it import the audio as well?

I have a library of m4v files I'm trying to re-export as mp4 or mov files.  I did a batch and lost the audio on all of them.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

It worked!  I downloaded the 2017 version of encoder and it brought in the audio!  Now I can batch encode them to mp4 files and use them in the updated premiere.

thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate
May 18, 2018 May 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi alaric,

Can you please confirm if the issue that you were facing has been resolved or not?

In case if it hasn't been fixed yet, share more details and we will try to help.

• What is the source of your media & where exactly are your media files located?
  • Have you tried importing your media after cleaning the Media Cache?
  • Is it possible to share a sample file?

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has not. No one answered my question.

I will try to upload a sample file.  I have many m4v files that have audio when played in quicktime, but when I import into premiere or encoder, they do not bring in the audio.  Do you have any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

.m4v files are normally video only. So it'd be very odd if they have audio. Uploading a sample would be helpful.

It might also help for you to take a look at one of these with a program like mediainfo or similar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

drop box link to a mv4 file that has audio when played in quicktime, but does not import the audio file in premiere or encoder.

Dropbox - BoskoBuddy&MerieMelodies_BoozeHangsHigh.m4v

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

screen shot of media info on that same file. 

Screen Shot 2018-05-18 at 9.14.31 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the file. It seems to be working fine at my end.

Have you tried re-importing your media after cleaning the Media Cache?

-Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really?  when you import to premiere or encoder it brings the audio too?

I tried clearing the cache, still no good.  Is there a setting or plugin I could be missing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kulpreet, I get these results: PR 2018.1.1, imports video only. 2017.1.4 imports with the stereo audio (Audio #1 stereo AAC); drops the 6 channel ac3.

Will PR import multiformat audio streams?

And yes, these are ".m4v" files with audio.

Try re-exporting from your originals with only one audio, or use  convertor to make the audio separate files. For example, VLC converted an audio wav only that appears to work - but stereo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's been my work around, to export the audio in quicktime, then bring them in separately.  However I have a library of about 600 video clips.  I'd rather not go through each one. I was hoping to find a way to get encoder to see the audio and then batch encode over the weekend.

If the earlier version of PR sees the audio, does the earlier version of encoder?  If so, can we make this version of encoder do that, or can I go back to the older version temporarily for this project?

thank you!

Alaric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked!  I downloaded the 2017 version of encoder and it brought in the audio!  Now I can batch encode them to mp4 files and use them in the updated premiere.

thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please fix - i convert old dvd into mpeg´s and some ot the vod´s have sound after export others don´t ... its a hassel to check if it worked and find crazy worarounds.  Other than that the software is great

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2024 Jan 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had the same issue, when in Adobie Premiere I exported my video as m4v and it didn't bring audio with it. When I play the video the audio doesn't play.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 22, 2024 Jan 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would like to repro. Which OS? Which versions of PPro and AME? Which source material? Which export preset?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines