• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MacBook Pro Goes to sleep while rendering?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2016 Dec 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sure theres some box I need to tick but for the life of me I can't find it.  I'm on a 2016 15" so I'm guessing it's not the computer.  While rendering videos the computer evidently goes to sleep and pauses the render in various, non specific points in the process.  Can someone please explain.

That you in advance,

Chris

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

That seems to be a strange issue, does that happens the moment you start rendering?

Please go to the 'System Preferences' and check the 'Energy Saver' settings.

If possible, attach a screenshot.

This link might help: OS X: Prevent your Mac from sleeping

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not believe it happens immediately.  I start the render and go do something else and come back to find the the computer asleep and the render paused.  It continues the render when I start the computer back up.

Screenshot 2016-12-08 20.48.20.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try disabling "Enable Power Nap while plugged into a adapter."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So now AME quits while I'm on the computer.  I was having these problems on an old machine so I went and bought a new one.  Silly Me.  Turns out your software is garbage.  WTF?  And how about a response besides check this link about your computer?  How about we have crappy software and we're totally screwing up people's ability to get their work done?  I'm about to start exploring other options. Am I pissed?  You tell me how you would feel $4k and two weeks of lost work later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2022 Dec 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mine does this too, has done for ages. its awful. Ive had to get an app called Amphetamine to deal with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines