Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Macbook Pro not charging while exporting and keeps draining

Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2019 May 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Every time I export a Premiere Pro project using encoder my Macbook stop charging and the battery start to drain!

Please check the video: "I hid my project as it's work related and I'm not allowed to share it publicly

Encoder is usually using between 300% to 400% of my CPU and I don't run or keep any program running in the background while encoding.

Screen Shot 2019-05-06 at 11.22.54 AM.png

Nothing crazy about my project though, just exporting 720p H264 video from a 1080p H264 and burning the captions in the video.

Screen Shot 2019-05-06 at 11.30.34 AM.png

Here is my Macbook specs:

Screen Shot 2019-05-06 at 11.12.57 AM.png

I'm also using the latest Adobe CC products:

Screen Shot 2019-05-06 at 11.25.17 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-06 at 11.25.48 AM.png

Anybody has the same issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 15, 2019 May 15, 2019

Hey Warren,

Thanks for your help!

I actually replaced the charger and that didn't fix the problem.. Also it seemed to be a global issue on my mac cuz I tried to export another project using Compressor and ran through the same issue.. I also tried to reset SMC and PRAM and nothing fixed that.

But all the sudden couple days ago Apple pushed MacOS 10.14.5 and while nothing in the release notes mentioned anything about charging issue while exporting but it seems that this update fixed my issue.

Cheers ;

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2019 May 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tested how the MacBook Pro behaves when running a task that causes an increased load in non-Adobe applications?

As I'm sure you're aware, there's an increased load on the MacBook Pro while encoding.  Other than that, there's nothing about Adobe application that should cause this.

I'd take the time to review the following two Apple support articles and follow the troubleshooting steps in each:

It is probably worth taking your Mac notebook and power supply to an Apple Authorized Service Provider or Retail Store for evaluation.  You can do this in or out of warranty.

-Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 15, 2019 May 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Warren,

Thanks for sharing your input.

^Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2019 May 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Warren,

Thanks for your help!

I actually replaced the charger and that didn't fix the problem.. Also it seemed to be a global issue on my mac cuz I tried to export another project using Compressor and ran through the same issue.. I also tried to reset SMC and PRAM and nothing fixed that.

But all the sudden couple days ago Apple pushed MacOS 10.14.5 and while nothing in the release notes mentioned anything about charging issue while exporting but it seems that this update fixed my issue.

Cheers ; )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines