• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ME 2019 won't import files from PP 2019

Explorer ,
Apr 08, 2019 Apr 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to do something I've done hundreds, if not thousands, of times before, that is, export a section of a timeline from !Premiere Pro to !Media Encoder in order to make an MP2 file that I can upload to my media server on my TV station. But since I installed the latest Adobe update, the export from Premiere is not going into Media Encoder properly.  I know that Dynamic Link Manager is running, I can see it in my Task Manager.  So, I set an in and an out point on my timeline in Premiere, then press CTRL+M to open the Export Settings window.  I make sure I have the correct format and preset, click on the Output Name to enter the name and folder location for the export, then I click on the Queue button at the bottom.  What normally happens is that the Media Encoder window opens and the segment appears in the Queue window.  But now, after I click on the Queue button in the Export Settings window, nothing happens:  Media Encoder does not open automatically, and when I go to Media Encoder, there is nothing in the Queue window.

I figured out a workaround, but it is a PITA involving marking my timeline in Premiere, saving the project, then using ME's File->Add Premiere Pro Sequence menu option and checking all the settings to make sure that it's right in ME.  But, I really like the ease and simplicity I get with the Dynamic Link between ME and PP.

I live in Las Vegas, and I know there are a lot of people from Adobe here for the NAB convention, but I need to get this done right away.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 17, 2019 Apr 17, 2019

The situation has been resolved. Apparently we just had a small glitch with Premiere pro connection to dynamic link and a preset in media encoder. After rebuilding the preset, everything works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 17, 2019 Apr 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Glen Tubbesing,

We're sorry for the issue. Ideally, the dynamic link should work properly if the versions of the applications are in sync.

Since you've recently updated Premiere Pro to the latest version, there is a possibility the preferences have not been adjusted properly for the newer version. Please reinstall the applications and then test the issue with a new project and let us know if that brings any change.

I hope it helps.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The situation has been resolved. Apparently we just had a small glitch with Premiere pro connection to dynamic link and a preset in media encoder. After rebuilding the preset, everything works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am glad it worked for you. Give us a shout in case you have any other query.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines