Media Encoder 14.3, 14.2, 14.1 all crashing repeatedly on export or creating proxies

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2020 Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Multi Camera edit

• Camera 1 - Nikon D850 4k, which outputs 12 consecutive 5min clips (4GB each) in series
  • Camera 2 - FS700 with Odyssey 7Q, which outputs one continuous 4k ProRes file (350GB) 1:20:00 long
  • Camera 3 - FS700 with Odyssey 7Q, which outputs one continuous 4k ProRes file (350GB) 1:20:00 long
  • Camera 4 - RED Helium 8k, which outputs 87 consecutive R3D files (350GB) which = 1:20:00 long

Computer and operating system:

• MacOS Catalina 10.15.5
  • Mac Pro (2019) 3.3GHZ 12-Core Intel Xeon W
  • 64 GB 2933 MHz DDR4
  • AMD Radeio Pro 580X 8GB

Failures:

• Media Encoder successfully creates low res (h264) proxies for the Nikon.
  • Media Encoder fails repeatedly and consistently while creating low res (h264) proxies for both FS700s and the RED
  • After suffering through this multi-cam edit without using proxies, Media Encoder fails repeatedly and consistently while exporting the final video - either by Premiere Pro/Media Encoder export or by using Queue.  They both fail every time.

Things I have tried after searching the web, and this forum:

• Moved the entire project direcory from external Thunderbay array, which I have successfully used countless times in the past, to the Mac's internal SSD.  Makes no difference, Media Encoder crashes regardless.
  • Rolled back both Media Encoder and Premiere Pro versions from the current 14.3, to 14.2, and to 14.1.  Makes no difference
  • Change project name, change project directly name, delete instead of overwrite proxies and finals, export both proxies and finals to different directories.   Makes no difference

After Media Encoder crashes midway through either proxy renders or final renders (actually it never makes it to halfway, usually just five or ten minutes and it crashes), it just disappears.  No error message, no report, no message about trying to save work or settings.  It just vanishes.  Which is why I am writing this here, because otherwise Adobe has no idea I this is happening I assume.

Please help!

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Export or render

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?