• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoder 14.4 crashing at launch

Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running MacOS Catalina 10.15.6 on a MacPro 2019.  AME version 14.2 runs successfully, but no upgrade since 14.3 has worked (all crash at startup).  I was also getting the same problems with Premiere Pro, but that now launches on startup (since updating to 14.4).

I also have a MacBookPro running MacOS Catalina 10.15.6 and have the exact same problems on that machine.

I am running same plug-ins on both so it could be a plug-in crashing as common to both set-ups?  Is there any log file I can consult which would indicate if a specific plug-in was causing  ME 14.4 to crash at the same point on both machines?

I notice I am not the only person having problems starting AME versions on Mac 10.15.6

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Just sorted this.  Used the article here to troubleshoot which plug-in was causing the crash:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/premiere-and-media-encoder-not-launching-on-my-mac/td-p/10770740?page=1

The issue was an old 2015 plugin called Core Melt (Lock and Load).  ME v14.4 started up fine as soon that plugin was removed from the shared folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just sorted this.  Used the article here to troubleshoot which plug-in was causing the crash:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/premiere-and-media-encoder-not-launching-on-my-mac/td-p/...

The issue was an old 2015 plugin called Core Melt (Lock and Load).  ME v14.4 started up fine as soon that plugin was removed from the shared folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for this!  I had been struggling with the same issue, and had an online chat with an Adobe support rep, who blamed it on my OS, that I'd have to reinstall the whole thiing.  Thankfully, I took it with a grain of salt and then came across the CoreMelt solution (https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/premiere-and-media-encoder-not-launching-on-my-mac/td-p/...), which worked for me.  Simply removing the CoreMelt folder from the specified place allows updates of media Encoder after 14.2 to start and work normally.

***RANT

Why Adobe couldn't have identified this themselves and provided an advisory - I don't know.  Leaves me wondering why we pay money over to them every month only to have buggy software and wish-washy support.

***END RANT

Many Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines