• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media encoder 15.1 MacBook Pro M1 16Gb Ram

Explorer ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Media encoder 15.1 (mid-April 2021 release) is not functioning correctly on MacBook Pro with Apple Silicon. A sequence that previously took around 18-20 minutes to encode to h.264 is now taking ~3.5 hours. This makes it unusable, which is very disappointing given the performance of Photoshop on the M1 chip. It would be very helpful to fix this before I have to port my projects to Motion. 

TOPICS
Export or render , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 17, 2021 Apr 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay... May actually have to put my hand up to this one, sort of. I realised since I wrote the above all the projects I've had problems with originated on a PC and were transferred to Mac. Those that were originated on Mac encode just fine. What's interesting is that with two comparable projects ME on M1 is dramatically faster than a similar project on PC - which is more or less what I expected. Those PC projects though - I can't see anything obvious in them that would cause them to encode so slowly. Although I'm referring to different projects it's 6 minutes vs 3.5 hours, and if anything the 6 min project is a little more complex. 

Are there any hardware specific settings that get embedded in AE projects? References to graphics card perhaps? I'm just struggling to imagine what would cause such a huge disparity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines