• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoder 2017 won't export .mov to .mp4 (h.264) media with double-pass encoding

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just upgraded to Media Encoder 2017 and got a bad problem with .mov(ProRes) to .mp4 (h.264) export while using a double-pass encoding. It stops in the middle of the process and won't proceed.  I didn't have problem with the previous version. Who knows the solution?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, if you use the 1-pass encoding, you don't have this problem?  Do you have the same issue if you encode into MPEG2 with 2-pass?

You may need to clear the media cache and preferences.

Please go to the Media Encoder's Preferences menu > Media.  Please take a note of the locations of "Media Cache Files" and "Media Cache Database" indicated there.  Once you quit all Adobe applications, please go to this location and delete folders called "Media Cache Files" and "Media Cache".  Then, while holding the shift key, please launch Media Encoder.  Does this solve the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your quick answer!

I have detected the problem: there was something wrong with the FinalCut reference video file. I exported it once again and the encoding succeeded.

But I will adopt your solution for the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines