• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoder 2018 Audio cuts out on in mid clip when converting MTS to ProRes422

Explorer ,
Dec 21, 2017 Dec 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, working on a big project (for me anyways) with tons of files spread across almost 2 dozen bins. Decided to use Media Encoder to convert/uncompress MTS files and import them as ProRes mov files. Having several issues, including out of sync audio, audio cutting out in mid-clip. Not for all clips, but enough to make me trash all the mov files I just converted and go back to import the original MTS files. What is going on? Never had any issues at all until I upgraded to Adobe CC 2018. Thinking you guys dropped the ball on this release. The reason I decided to convert the MTS files in the first place was that on import Adobe Premiere would randomly assign audio to a clip from a whole different set of clips shot on different days and placed in different folders. Again, what in the world is going on? These are major issues that shouldn't be happening at all.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi MarkO,

Thinking you guys dropped the ball on this release. Again, what in the world is going on? These are major issues that shouldn't be happening at all.

This is the first version where Dolby decoding is supposed to be handled natively by OS X. Adobe is no longer providing that support. .MTS files contain audio files that require Dolby decoding, so that could very well be your issue.

What I would try first is checking out Step 14 of this doc: Troubleshooting linking and importing errors with MTS and MP4 files after updating to Premiere Pro C...

Please also troubleshoot Adobe folder permissions: Premiere Pro CC, CC 2014, or 2014.1 freezing on startup or crashing while working (Mac OS X 10.9, an...

If the issue persists:
File an issue with our team here.

File a bug with Apple here.

Need additional help? Contact us. Here's how: FAQ: How do I contact Adobe Support?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 03, 2018 Jan 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response Kevin. I will look into the info you shared when I get an opportunity and report back. - Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 03, 2018 Jan 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Let us know what happens, Mark.

Cheers,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines