• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoder 2018 encode fails when resizing

Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2018 Jul 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an H264-encoded video (.mp4), 1920 x 1080, output from PremierePro/Media Encoder 2018 on Mac.  Client also wants a Windows Media (.wmv) version in 12080 x 720.  ASFAIK, I can't output that on my Mac, so I imported the .mp4 output from the Mac into Media Encoder 2018 Windows.  Selected the Windows Media preset, and in Basic Video Settings changed frame size to 1280 x 720 (other settings: Codec - Windows Media Video 9; VBR 2-pass constrained).

Encoding fails.

Am able to transcode to .wmv if frame size is same (1920 x 1080) as original.  After transcoding successfully to original size, I tried transcoding to smaller size again.  Now, Encoder "thinks" it has transcoded the entire 5:29 video in about 1/2 second -- but there is no file actually created.

I can go back and output a resized file on the Mac side, I suppose, then encode at same size on Windows machine -- but shouldn't Media Encoder Win be able to resize the frame?? (Otherwise, why even bother to include that parameter?)

Any thoughts/suggestions appreciated.

JL

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

After talking to John, this is an issue in Win7 sdk we use, the issue does not exist in Win 8.1 nor Win 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 26, 2018 Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John L MNR,

This might be your issue: "H.264 is not a suitable codec to use for .WMV": Re: Exporting to wmv

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2018 Jul 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Understood, but was not trying to use H.264 within WMV — was trying to transcode to Windows Media & WMV9, and resize in same pass.  As I noted, transcode was successful when staying at same frame size, failed when resizing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2018 Sep 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In case anybody's listening (Adobe obviously is not) -- I'm still having the same issue.  If I attempt to resize a video in the same pass as I'm encoding into a WMV file, Media Encoder fails the encode.  If I'm trying to do it as part of a queue, the entire queue fails.  Am I the only guy having this issue? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John, can't repro the issue on my computer with my 1080 sources.

Please send me your file and preset via direct message and we'll see if I can repro and take it from there.

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would love to do that, but when I go to your profile and click on the "Message" button, I can't get your name to appear in the "To:" field in the message window.  Directions?  Thanks.

JL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After talking to John, this is an issue in Win7 sdk we use, the issue does not exist in Win 8.1 nor Win 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines