• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoder 2018 Faulty - errors in H264 Blu Ray file encoding

Enthusiast ,
Sep 28, 2018 Sep 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THis is an observation after many hours of paintstaking work late at night to try to produce a H264 Based Blu Ray disc through Encore 6.

There is a thread on Encore 6 related to this Encore error code 3 vas file . Note it should say _ves file

It is now clear Media Encoder 2018 version is broken. Encore 6 crashes every time reporting error message oin Author Script sessions _ves files on build.

several people report the same problem.

Today there is no way to produce a Blu Ray H264 based disc exported from Media Encoder 2018.

Whilst Adobe may feel Blu Ray discs are dead (and are now legacy products)  this problem with Premiere Pro /Media Encoder  2018 needs fixing as not all of us want to give Clients / Friends a media streaming version of our work.

Adobe Engineering Team : PLEASE INVESTIGATE THIS ISSUE AND FIX IT IN NEXT RELEASE OF PREMIERE PRO CC 2018 PACKAGED WITH MEDIA ENCODER

Media Encoder 2017 worked but it is not possible to import PP CC 2018 files into a Media Encoder 2017 version is it ???

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can export from CC2018 to the CineForm codec and then import that into AME CC2017 and use the Blu-ray H.264 exporter to encode your file.

I did a quick project the other day and decided to use the built in Blu-ray H.264 preset in Premiere Pro CC2018 and had similar issues in Encore. I did rebuild the Encore project and then it worked.

Personally i prefer to use TMPGEnc Movie Plug-in AVC for Premiere Pro to export x.264 directly from the timeline in CC2018. Works every time and gives me better quality as well. This gives you Dolby Digital exports as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Averdahl for your input here

I'll definitely try this out, appreciate your advice ....it might save me going crazy !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To get to the engineering team, the place to file this type of comment is:

Adobe Bug /Feature service: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Anything filed on that page goes direct to the Engineering/QC folks and to the collated list to the managers.

This forum is primarily user-to-user help.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your input Neil

Surprisingly this was the Forum to post 'a bug' for engineering attention that a Level 2 Adobe support guy gave me during an online chat this afternoon about this problem - he sent me the link !!. Obviouosly he needs better training

All he kept telling me was that Encore was no longer supported, which I found very irritating, since I was reporting the root problem about Media Encoder not Encore.

I will take your advice and post on your link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JonesVid,

Please PM me the agent's name and/or your case number. I can correct this.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin

Agent's name was Aamir Khan.

He just kept telling me Encore 6 was dead (legacy actually; which I know) but I kept telling him I was specifically reporting the H264 BluRay encoding  issue between what happened between the releases of AME 2017 and AME 2018 ...agggghhhh

I found the whole chat support experience very unsatisfactory on that occasion, whereas on other occasions using Chat Support I have been totally happy

The link he gave me was to Premiere Pro forum actually https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

I entered the details of my problem in there after the call but for some weird reason the input ended up on the AME Community Forum ?

Maybe I did something stupid?

I have now re-entered the problem/issue on the Media Encoder Feature Request/Bug Report site

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definitely needs to be addressed as I have reverted back to CC2017 to "fix" this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2019 Jan 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

This issue is a AME issue, not a Encore issue. As we all pay for AME, this issue has to be fixed.

Thank You.

BD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines