• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MEDIA ENCODER 2019 is useless

Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what you guys did in the update, but I'm transcoding alexa prores 4444 4k footage to 720p Prores proxy.

AME 2019 is giving me 53 hours to transcode the first file. (metal and open CL are both this slow)

AME 2018 is giving it 1 hour, 2018 seems more reasonable.

I'm on a band new macbook pro, not a beast of a machine but certainly capable of handling some transcodes in less than 53 hours.

This is getting absurd adobe, stop breaking your software with these constant updates.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Might I add, after constantly fighting with premiere ridiculous "audio channels must be the same to reconnect", I had to find an easy workaround.

Sure it might seem simple enough but when I have 8 harddrives to batch process and each camera has different audio channels, I can't micromanage that shit.

I turned to Davinci Resolve and not only is it automatically detecting the audio channels and exporting the proper proxies, it is also MUCH faster than AME 2019 AND 2018.

Jesus christ adobe. This is bad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines