Media Encoder 2019 issues

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2018 Nov 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since updating to AME CC 2019 in the middle of last month my normal workflow of bulk exporting clips from Premiere has turned into a nightmare.

At some point during the middle of nearly every batch of clips, AME stops encoding correctly, leaving some exported clips unmuxed and the rest at 0 kb. The only way to get it to work again is to shut down AME and start it up again, and even then it doesn't work half the time until I restart my PC.

During this last round I've had Task Manager open. AME successfully complete a batch of 20 files. When it was done, Task Manager showed that it was clinging to 1GB+ of RAM.

I did a second batch, only half of which exported successfully. By the end of that, Task Manager showed it was holding on to 2.5GB of RAM, even though its job was finished. I ran a RAM cleaning tool, which got AME down to .5MB of RAM. Then I retried the failed files from the previous batch. None of them encoded. So I closed AME, but it's still showing in the Task Manager 20 minutes later. And, over the 20 minutes since I closed it, AME has grown from consuming .5MB of RAM to 22MB. What is it doing?

So, it's not releasing RAM or closing completely. I don't know whether these issues are related to its consistent failure to complete batch exports from Premiere, but it's making my workflow take 3-4 times (or more) longer than it should to keep closing programs, re-exporting, hoping a batch will work, trying again when it doesn't, etc. This update needs some serious Q/A.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?