• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoder 2020 hangs on New Mac Pro

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a new Mac Pro with a 16 core Xeon W and a Radeon Vega Pro II, 32 GB RAM that won't run exports through Media Encoder.  We have tried resetting to default preferences, tried using OpenCL instead of Metal, but every time we hit start on the queue, it never makes any progress.  These are both 2020 versions of Premiere Pro (where the project is dropped from into the ME queue) and the 2020 version of ME. Being that we have a Mac Gen5 almost running real-time encoding via the same workflow, it seems rediculous that a brand new $10,000 computer can't do better.

TOPICS
Export or render , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2020 Jan 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was somehow the exact answer! I had our guy copy his timeline, then remove all markers, and queue it to Media Encoder and it went fine.  I find it fascinating that markers somehow prevent ME from encoding video from Premire, but I'm glad Adobe is aware of it and are hopefully working on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry for the experience. We have observed this as a known issue. Did you check the article shared by @Peru Bob? Did it help?

Looking forward for an update.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 14, 2020 Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello any news on when the Markers-Causing-Hang in AME 14.0.1 issue will be fixed?  I had to revert to AME 14.0.0 to continue to render without tedious removal of markers.  

I don't like how in the Adobe Creative Cloud updates page it doesn't show the 3rd number in the version number.  My choice is only to update Adobe Media Encoder 14.0 .... It does not show me if its going to upgrade to 14.0.1 or something newer and I know I don't want 14.0.1.    << Any guidance here would be helpful thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I'm still having this issue exporting from After Effects 2020 to Media Encoder on MacBook Pro 16" 2019 8xCore i9 running OS 10.15.5. Let me know if you have any solutions yet. 

Thanks
Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines