• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoder 2020 launches but does not work on macOS 10.15.5

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. I'm running Premiere Pro 2020 and Media Encoder on a Mac running OS Catalina 10.15.5

I upgraded both Premiere Pro and Media Encoder earlier this week as ME was not launching. I also updated to latest OS. Now when I export from Premiere, Media Encoder launches but doesn't do anything. 

Am currently exporting manually from Premiere so working at a snails pace here. Has anyone experienced same and come up with any fixes?

Thanks in advance.

Killian

Title edited by Mod

TOPICS
Dynamic link , Export or render

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Killian,

This sounds strange. Dynamic link should work as expected if the version of the applications are in sync.

• Does it happen with this specific version?
  • Are you using any third party plug-ins to your project?

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same is happening for me. Using PP V14.3 and ME V14.3 on a MacBook Pro V10.15.5. No plugins just or complicated timelines. Just footage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same as mine waiting solution from Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We're sorry for the experience. I tested the issue on a Windows 10 computer at my end and it seems to be working fine with the current version. I wonder what could be causing the issue at your end. Could you share more details?

• What are your system specification(RAM, GPU, etc)?
  • Please share a video recording of what happens at your end so that we can observe whether it is a performance glitch or a dynamic link issue. 

Meanwhile, I'll check if I can get the issue tested at my end on a macOS.

Regards,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem for me as well. 

Mac OS 10.15.3

Imac 4.2 Ghz Quad Core intel Cor i7

32 GB Ram 2400 Mhz DDR4

Radeon Pro 580 8 GB

I followed the suggested fixes recommended by Adobe:  https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/products-crash-launch-macos.html but it still doesn't work.  Hopefully this will be resolved soon.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may have solved it.  I uninstalled ME, PP, AE, restarted the machine and reinstalled everything EXCEPT the latest Media Encoder.  Instead, I installed version 14.3.  Now it launches from the application icon and more importantly launches from the PP timeline when I send a project out for encoding.  Phew!  Hope this helps you also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ME 14.3 is now showing as the latest version in my creative cloud app window, is that right ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i followed your above instructions but I installed 14.2 (because i'm confused to what the latest version is) and it works. ME launched from AE and is rendering. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 27, 2020 Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hmmmm.  Not sure, I may have mistyped it.  Sorry for the confusion, but kudos to you for working through it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem for me - this sucks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines